David McMillan ran away with the circus in 1961, aged just 15. He had no money and no possessions, but he was about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime.
More than 3,000 properties were left without electricity today.
- The Apprentice: Episode 8 - the best tweets
- Opening date for new Carlisle supermarket revealed
- Year of success for Cumbria university's business interaction centre
- Sellafield pledges to change its ways
- West Cumbria needs to shout about better than London economy
- Work starts to redevelop Carlisle Airport (29 comments)
- National first for Carlisle company
Wearable technology is the next big thing according to the experts at David Allen IT, who are on hand to answer your tech questions.
A Cumbrian business has impressed international representatives and is being lauded as an 'outstanding' operation.
- Developer submits plans for 40 more houses in Cumbrian town
- Cranstons benefits from polarisation of mainstream supermarkets
- Cumbria's property price crisis at tipping point
- Family Fostercare to expand Carlisle presence
- Westmorland set for further expansion
- £5.2m Ulverston flood defence work to start in 2015
A conference that features hundreds of the world's decommissioning leaders is set to double in size next year.
The latest edition of the In-Cumbria magazine is out now and available to buy in newsagents across Cumbria and you can also browse through a digital version online. Get in touch if you would like the In-Cumbria magazine distributed to you by emailing email@example.com
An increasing number of Cumbrian companies are turning to cloud-based services to streamline their businesses.
Here's the latest edition of the Britain's Energy Coast magazine.