Women on top form at Carlisle Racecourse's Ladies Night
Last updated at 11:42, Tuesday, 07 August 2012
Torrential rain failed to spoil the party as Carlisle Racecourse staged a night filled with fancy frocks, flying fillies, boy bands and bookie-bashers.
Have your say
I attended the ladies night at Carlisle races last night and it was awful! We paid for premier tickets and expected a lovely evening. In reality it was the rip off races. Drinks were a fortune and bar queues long, there was nowhere to sit and the racecourse was not prepared or equipped to deal with the numbers of people a ladies day event attracts.........don't even get me started on the toilet queues! After standing for nearly 4 hours we sat on the floor in our fascinators and finery (along with lots of other people!) Unless you had paid for the Â£75 sit down meal, the food choices were limited to chips and gravy or a trek in the rain to the noodle bar! If they want to compete properly with decent ladies day events carlisle racecourse needs to stop pocketing the profits and up its game. Very disappointed and will not be going again.
Make your comment
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
- Cumbrian businesses need to 'control voice in their head'
- Jobs lost as cash firm closes Cumbrian branches
- Innovation earns award for director
- Carr’s Milling to pay higher shareholder dividend
- Foreign investment boosts Cumbrian jobs
- Story Homes manager wins Building Excellence award
- Demolition of Sellafield's Cold War tower to begin