Volunteer awareness at Kendal College
Published at 15:16, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
YOUNG people have been finding out more about volunteering.
Students at Kendal College attended a recent Volunteer Awareness Day.
The event at the college helped to introduce the learners to organisations such as the Lake District National Park Authority, Leonard Cheshire Disability, Cancer Research UK, Girl Guiding and many more.
The students listened to presentations and had the opportunity to talk to more than 20 volunteer organisations.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results
- Companies lining up bids to run Carlisle TV station
- Survey results could mean Cumbrian coal revival
- Shortlist announced for CN Group business awards
- New TIS factory will boost Cumbrian manufacturing
- Council votes to back supermarket levy
- Ban for directors of Carlisle-based finance business
- How to use colour on your website
- Boss says poor rail service is stifling growth in South Cumbria
- Cumbrian catering equipment company sold
- Huge drop in number of employment tribunals
- New finance director at Story Homes
- Cumbrian houses less affordable than London homes
- Scotland wants to explore Solway for oil and gas
- Women bosses earning less then men
- Firms get say on Carlisle city centre vision
- Fracking protection for Lake District National Park unless 'exceptional circumstances' (1 comment)
- Brewery expands to meet demand
- First Moorside contract put out to tender