Three arrests after Cumbria police find 10,000 pills during car search
Published at 17:06, Wednesday, 20 February 2013
Police seized about 10,000 pills after stopping a car in Carlisle.
Officers found the tablets in the Vauxhall Vectra's boot during a search on the city's western 'bypass', between the Kingmoor south roundabout and the Etterby roundabout, at about 9.55pm yesterday.
The small pills were contained in 10 tubs. They are believed to be illegal.
Three men from Bradford, aged 31, 32 and 34, were arrested on suspicion of possessing controlled drugs with intent to supply. They have been released on bail until May 20 pending further inquiries.
The car has been confiscated for further investigation.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Huge fine for United Utilities after Cumbrian pollution
- £3.4m acquisition and profits up 11 per cent
- New firm off to a flying start
- Britain's Energy Coast buys Whitehaven bus station
- Rob Johnston honoured in regional awards
- Barrow businessman’s legacy goes from strength to strength thanks to celebrity chef event (1 comment)
- Judging line-up for £10,000 Business Boost unveiled
- South Cumbrian hotel sold for £600,000
- Innovia Group appoints new chief financial officer
- University working to increase local graduate employment
- Business centre expands to meet demand
- Cumbrian hotel scoops Tripadvisor award
- Cumbrian unemployment falls
- Coal could be extracted from West Cumbria
- Whirlwind start and new base for North Associates
- Doing business in west Cumbria? Here's the best places to stay...
- Kendal Calling 2015 line-up announced
- Carlisle digital agency aiming to double workforce
- GSK site director lands "dream job"
- Wired Cumbria to help new businesses grow
- Teenage Cumbrian businessman gets help from Olympic coach
- Cumbria needs 437 homes a year, says housing report
- House sales drop despite rise in low interest loans
- Broker's backing a big rise for Stobart shares
- Cumbrian consultants in running for award
- Aldi plans to expand Carlisle store
- Stobart: Carlisle Airport redevelopment finished by September
- Cumbrian chef launches food and cookery channel
- Barrow lettings firm aims to spread the word