Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
- Young entrepreneurs launch second business
- Latest Star Wars trailer showcases Cumbria
- Online travel agents "dictating" to Cumbrian hoteliers
- Lake District voted the "Holiday Destination of the Year"
- Campaigners lose battle to save St Bees School (39 comments)
- BBC turns spotlight on Cumbria
- Sale of Blencathra mountain to community group agreed
- Record profits posted for Carr's Group
- ‘Once in generation’ chance to question future MP
- Cumbrian firm Story completes £6.5m Hitachi contract
- Waste group spending £1.5m to get greener
- Vice chancellor's warning over Cumbria's skills gap time bomb
- Huge social media boost for Cumbrian tourist industry
- Firm's expansion hit by skills shortage
- Cutting-edge tech to transform seafarers’ lives
- Is the 2015 Budget good news for Cumbria?
- Tour of Britain routes through Cumbria revealed
- Final countdown’s under way for Sellafield squad
- Young Cumbrian finance director named best in Britain
- Story firms forge fundraising links with Cumbrian hospices
- £180,000 makeover for Carlisle city centre pub
- Profits rise sharply at Cumbrian company Stobart
- Cumbria jobless total hits 32-year low
- Story Homes wants mortgage lending boost