Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
- Huge fine for United Utilities after Cumbrian pollution
- £3.4m acquisition and profits up 11 per cent
- New firm off to a flying start
- Britain's Energy Coast buys Whitehaven bus station
- Rob Johnston honoured in regional awards
- Barrow businessman’s legacy goes from strength to strength thanks to celebrity chef event (1 comment)
- Judging line-up for £10,000 Business Boost unveiled
- South Cumbrian hotel sold for £600,000
- Innovia Group appoints new chief financial officer
- University working to increase local graduate employment
- Business centre expands to meet demand
- Cumbrian hotel scoops Tripadvisor award
- Cumbrian unemployment falls
- Coal could be extracted from West Cumbria
- Whirlwind start and new base for North Associates
- Doing business in west Cumbria? Here's the best places to stay...
- Kendal Calling 2015 line-up announced
- Carlisle digital agency aiming to double workforce
- GSK site director lands "dream job"
- Wired Cumbria to help new businesses grow
- Teenage Cumbrian businessman gets help from Olympic coach
- Cumbria needs 437 homes a year, says housing report
- Stobart: Carlisle Airport redevelopment finished by September
- Cumbrian chef launches food and cookery channel
- Barrow lettings firm aims to spread the word
- Africa expansion drives up Barrow shipping firm’s profits
- Sixth formers all fired up for dream places at work
- Gearing up for a Barrow showcase of next generation of jobs
- Software company’s digital marketplace role