Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
- Cumbria's most read news stories of 2014
- Is your IT safe over the Christmas shutdown period?
- £1.5 million contract up for grabs
- Five top tips for eCommerce
- Urgent business start-up support call
- Innovia CEO David Beeby to retire
- Guess the business Christmas card
- Cumbrian unemployment falls again
- Big hitters set for Cumbrian version of Question Time
- Cumbrian firm parts company with chief executive
- Roman fertility god banned by Facebook
- Firm uses Skype to help client in Ebola zone
- New bid to encourage more women to enter nuclear industry
- Virgin Money Foundation to help Cumbrian causes and projects
- New Lakes Distillery officially opens to public
- Cumbria's jobless total continues to fall
- Speakers inspire women during launch of network
- 39 young Cumbrians find work experience Dream Placement
- Cumbria sixth formers put through paces for dream placements