Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
- 2015: the year of the drone
- Cumbrian digital artist working with Disney
- £300m available to businesses in Cumbria
- Film crew gets behind the scenes access to Sellafield for documentary
- Plans revealed for Kendal business hub
- Cumbrian consultancy taken over by national firm
- Cumbrian firms want to stay in European Union
- How to get £3,000 broadband grants for your business
- Cumbrian journalist tells senators FIFA are "low-lifes"
- Living Wage plans will hit tourism and voluntary sectors
- Success sparks recruitment boost at Energy firm
- Plans revealed for new Cumbrian power lines
- Cumbria has second highest apprenticeship take up in UK
- 20,000 new homes needed in Cumbria for workers
- Consultancy’s new £3.5m offices officially opened
- Just hours left to enter CN Group Business Awards
- Carlisle-based H&H’s £8.2m takeover of rival set to go ahead
- New non-executive director for Penrith Farmers' and Kidd's
- Sealy owner returns to profit as sales rise