Story Homes doubles profits
Last updated at 12:57, Friday, 01 February 2013
Cumbrian house builder Story Homes has doubled profits despite the recession.
Figures for the year to March show that it made £3.22 million before tax, up from £1.49m the year before.
Turnover increased by 31.7 per cent from £45.1m to £59.4m. The firm operates civil engineering, house building, railway maintenance and plant hire businesses.
The directors’ report says: “The group generated a healthy profit and has a strong balance sheet, which includes a significant land bank.
"It is therefore well placed to realise opportunities in the future and the directors anticipate an improved trading performance in the coming financial year.”
Staff employed by the group fell from an average of 408 in 2010-11 to 322.
First published at 12:56, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Cheaper fuel bills – thanks to mines (3 comments)
- Barrow’s McBride completes £170m refinance
- Carr’s Milling buys engineering firm for £2.75m
- Uncle Joe's MD: Cumbrian businesses could make a mint in Japan
- Ast Signs creates 19 extra jobs and targets triple turnover
- Deal to buy Carlisle food testing firm complete
- Cumbrian apprentices make national final
- Firms hear how to benefit from £300m project
- Investment to make west Cumbria greener
- Five reasons to embrace apprenticeships
- Free Wi-Fi could come to Ulverston if trial is a success (5 comments)
- Masterplan to give Cumbria massive economic growth
BBC News business headlines
- Electronics are light of town
- Teacher helps schools to compute new IT curriculum
- ‘Anything is possible and never give up’
- Sales strong at quality cattle’s ‘Limmy Day’
- Salon moves ahead with a topping new fashion idea
- Businesses toast county’s 40th anniversary
- Can I test my staff for taking drugs?
- £2m Carlisle station upgrade to be officially opened
- 18 jobs as Sports Direct moves into Penrith
- ‘Prison ship’ home causes stir
- New beer launched by Ulverston brewery
- MP backs calls to block hotel move into Cumbrian town
- Easter Fun
- £1,000 boost to help charity supporting vulnerable Cumbria people
- Rural residents in Cumbria warned of fuel and chainsaw thefts
- Millom residents invited to elected mayor meetings
- Ljunberg in Barrow court
- Success of Britain's Got Talent Collabro sensation Matthew Pagan surprising no-one who knew him
- Homeless families in Cumbria surviving on instant noodles and microwave meals (1 comment)
- Diamond-tipped drill stolen from vehicle in Carlisle