Story Homes doubles profits
Last updated at 12:57, Friday, 01 February 2013
Cumbrian house builder Story Homes has doubled profits despite the recession.
Figures for the year to March show that it made £3.22 million before tax, up from £1.49m the year before.
Turnover increased by 31.7 per cent from £45.1m to £59.4m. The firm operates civil engineering, house building, railway maintenance and plant hire businesses.
The directors’ report says: “The group generated a healthy profit and has a strong balance sheet, which includes a significant land bank.
"It is therefore well placed to realise opportunities in the future and the directors anticipate an improved trading performance in the coming financial year.”
Staff employed by the group fell from an average of 408 in 2010-11 to 322.
First published at 12:56, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Should firms support Labour's minimum wage plans?
- Cumbrian businesses refute office space claims
- New Balance Cumbria is 'factory of the future'
- The £7 million semi-detached home in Carlisle?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (46 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel
- New map shows details of proposed power lines route across Cumbria (10 comments)
- SMEs lose out in council spending
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results
BBC News business headlines
- Wedding planning duo have ring of confidence
- Benefits of wind power
- Good things come in threes for top accountants
- Apprentice schemes prove popular with school leavers
- Perfect chance to make your leadership dreams come true
- Glenn and Julie had the bottle to go it alone with plastics firm
- Dedication looks set to pay off for an ‘inspirational’ young apprentice
- Pupils compete for chance to quiz companies
- Businesswoman in line for top award
- Mules proved to be just champion at Gimmer lambs annual sale
- Ulverston man, 81, who fell through roof is "very lucky to be alive" - say family
- Cumbria road closure after collision
- Tributes paid to 'one-of-a-kind' Carlisle dad
- Ulverston supermarket row set for legal showdown in court
- Road closed after one-car crash
- Road closed after car accident
- Barrow pet owner’s heartbreak after beloved cat is killed
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road
- Woman, 70, hurt as Stagecoach bus crashes into cars and building
- Time running out in battle to save Cumbria bus services