Story Homes doubles profits
Last updated at 12:57, Friday, 01 February 2013
Cumbrian house builder Story Homes has doubled profits despite the recession.
Figures for the year to March show that it made £3.22 million before tax, up from £1.49m the year before.
Turnover increased by 31.7 per cent from £45.1m to £59.4m. The firm operates civil engineering, house building, railway maintenance and plant hire businesses.
The directors’ report says: “The group generated a healthy profit and has a strong balance sheet, which includes a significant land bank.
"It is therefore well placed to realise opportunities in the future and the directors anticipate an improved trading performance in the coming financial year.”
Staff employed by the group fell from an average of 408 in 2010-11 to 322.
First published at 12:56, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Engineering needs to be ‘sexier’ says Cumbrian MD
- Top tips: climbing the Google rankings
- Cumbria business blog
- CumbriaHour discusses the business tech of the future
- Cumbria bakers to compete in TV cooking contest (1 comment)
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'