Stobart Group rules out bond issue for now
Last updated at 11:38, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Stobart Group has decided against issuing a bond to raise £25 million – although its board has not ruled out an offering in future.
The company said it decided not to proceed following the entry of larger bond issuers at higher coupon pricing.
Stobart chief financial officer Ben Whawell said: "We will keep under review the possibility of issuing a retail bond in the future, as we see it as a potential attractive funding option, but only when we feel the cost of the bond to the company, its attractiveness to investors and its liquidity characteristics are in the right alignment.”
The company wanted to raise the funds to finance further diversification. The £100 bonds were due to have given a 5.5 per cent return on face value, with capital repayable in 2018.
First published at 11:35, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Should firms support Labour's minimum wage plans?
- Cumbrian businesses refute office space claims
- New Balance Cumbria is 'factory of the future'
- The £7 million semi-detached home in Carlisle?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (46 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel
- New map shows details of proposed power lines route across Cumbria (10 comments)
- SMEs lose out in council spending
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results
BBC News business headlines
- Wedding planning duo have ring of confidence
- Benefits of wind power
- Good things come in threes for top accountants
- Apprentice schemes prove popular with school leavers
- Perfect chance to make your leadership dreams come true
- Glenn and Julie had the bottle to go it alone with plastics firm
- Dedication looks set to pay off for an ‘inspirational’ young apprentice
- Pupils compete for chance to quiz companies
- Businesswoman in line for top award
- Mules proved to be just champion at Gimmer lambs annual sale
- Carlisle scaffolding drama
- Appeal after smashed trailer light in Barrow
- Ulverston man, 81, who fell through roof is "very lucky to be alive" - say family
- Cumbria road closure after collision
- Tributes paid to 'one-of-a-kind' Carlisle dad
- Ulverston supermarket row set for legal showdown in court
- Road closed after one-car crash
- Road closed after car accident
- Barrow pet owner’s heartbreak after beloved cat is killed
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road