South Lakes leisure deal furnishes a healthy future for firm
Published at 16:34, Tuesday, 01 October 2013
A SOUTH Lakes furnishing firm has won a contract to revamp bedrooms at a children’s outdoor pursuits centre.
Windermere-based Lakeland Fells Furniture is building new equipment for the rooms at the nearby Tower Wood outdoor education centre which is run by Lancashire County Council.
It is seen as a new challenge for the Windermere firm, which has gained a reputation for its work in some of the area’s most prestigious hotels and holiday homes.
The team is currently fitting out 30 bedrooms and 13 apartments at the luxury Windermere Marina Village, including bedroom furniture, dining tables and coffee tables.
They recently kitted out the five-star Cranleigh Boutique Hotel, have worked at the Bowness apartments of the internationally acclaimed Hapimag holiday-home provider and they have also made furniture for another five-star Windermere hotel, the Cedar Manor which, with local design team Fidget, won the award for “best international hotel interior”.
Managing director Andrew Smith said Lakeland Fells enjoyed the challenges of working with interior des-igners across a wide range of projects.
“Tower Wood is a terrific place. The centre has over 40 years’ experience of delivering safe, high quality, outdoor adventure experiences for all, and we are proud to be helping them update their accommodation,” he said.
The Lakeland Fells team use a range of unusual woods, including zebrano, an exotic African hardwood with a zebra-like stripey finish.
They have created pieces in wenge, sometimes known as African rosewood, and noted for its dark, purple colour, along with ebony, pitch pine, Douglas fir and Cedar of Lebanon.
Stephen Hargreaves, owner of the Cranleigh Hotel, said: “We use Andrew and his team because they care about what they do and they want the finished product to be right for you.
“We would not use anyone else in the area. We have built up a great working relationship with Lakeland Fells and they have produced some fantastic products for us that our customers fall in love with.
“If you want attention to detail and people that care working for you then you’re in the right hands with Andrew and his team.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Keep ownership until cash is in the bank
- Never underestimate the importance of lists
- Eight global markets already lined up for Lakes Gin
- Lakeland kitchenware predicting rapid growth
- Nuclear skills time bomb can be halted
- Sellafield ploughs £200k into local projects
- Should firms support Labour's minimum wage plans?
- Cumbrian businesses refute office space claims
- New Balance Cumbria is 'factory of the future'
- The £7 million semi-detached home in Carlisle?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (46 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel