Siemens apprentices are 100% perfect
Published at 11:05, Tuesday, 15 January 2013
A GROUP of apprentices is celebrating after picking up a perfect pass rate.
Fifteen learners at leading global engineering and technology company Siemens have achieved a 100 per cent pass rate in a warehousing and storage apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship – gained through a course with PHX Training – is part of Siemens’ aim to improve its workforce at the Subsea Excellence Centre in Ulverston, Cumbria.
The 12-month course in warehousing, storage and logistics operations, included modules such as; customer support, health and safety regulations, employment rights and responsibilities. Employees have also been undertaking functional skills training in English and maths.
Lisa Ayres, apprenticeship co-ordinator at PHX Training said: “Employees who operate in the warehouse and logistics team sometimes get overlooked but Siemens has invested in a programme of training to ensure employees perform to the best of their ability across all areas.
“The training was delivered at Siemens’ facilities in Ulverston to ensure that employees had access to learning at all times. Being flexible and meeting the needs of the business has proved successful with employees now having a wider skill set.”
Colin Kendall, learning & development advisor at Siemens in Ulverston commented: “As the business expands and takes on a larger workforce, we require new skill sets and so we needed to strengthen our teams accordingly.”
“The PHX apprenticeship programme is a great initiative, helping to raise standards and promote employee engagement in areas such as Stores and Despatch where training opportunities are often limited.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Engineering needs to be ‘sexier’ says Cumbrian MD
- Top tips: climbing the Google rankings
- Cumbria business blog
- CumbriaHour discusses the business tech of the future
- Cumbria bakers to compete in TV cooking contest (1 comment)
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'