Seventy new jobs at call centre near Workington
Published at 12:17, Friday, 21 December 2012
Seventy new jobs will be created at HM Revenue and Customs at Lillyhall in the new year.
The one-year fixed term posts will be for full-time contact centre staff.
The news comes as the centre prepares for the end of a year-long pilot scheme which has seen about 40 contractors from private company Sitel employed alongside HMRC staff.
HMRC confirmed that the pilot scheme was ending and it was looking to employ the new staff itself.
There are currently 240 HMRC staff at the centre, on top of the 40 contractors.
Nobody from Sitel was available to comment on the future of its staff who are working at the centre.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
BBC News business headlines
- Good week for supplier base
- Good to see familiar faces return to ringside
- Get ideas off drawing board
- Dear Jenny
- Engineering boss relishes taking on fresh challenges
- Maryport firm SIS Pitches completes job in Copenhagen
- Website gives South Cumbria firms chance to take on giants
- Cumbrian marmalades to go on sale at Fortnum & Mason
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company
- Child porn images were downloaded by mistake, man tells court
- Ulverston ‘completely gridlocked’, councillor tells meeting (4 comments)
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (4 comments)
- Future’s bright for Ulverston hospice as £1,000 gift goes to decorating
- Police name dead cyclist found by A592 in south Cumbria
- Country traditions thrill thousands in Coniston
- Top poets launch three new collections
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Sun set to shine on festival of Kings