Seventy new jobs at call centre near Workington
Published at 12:17, Friday, 21 December 2012
Seventy new jobs will be created at HM Revenue and Customs at Lillyhall in the new year.
The one-year fixed term posts will be for full-time contact centre staff.
The news comes as the centre prepares for the end of a year-long pilot scheme which has seen about 40 contractors from private company Sitel employed alongside HMRC staff.
HMRC confirmed that the pilot scheme was ending and it was looking to employ the new staff itself.
There are currently 240 HMRC staff at the centre, on top of the 40 contractors.
Nobody from Sitel was available to comment on the future of its staff who are working at the centre.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Engineering needs to be ‘sexier’ says Cumbrian MD
- Top tips: climbing the Google rankings
- Cumbria business blog
- CumbriaHour discusses the business tech of the future
- Cumbria bakers to compete in TV cooking contest (1 comment)
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'