Sellafield denies rumours over bosses’ fate
Published at 16:15, Monday, 18 February 2013
SPECULATION that two Sellafield top bosses are on their way out has been refuted.
Todd Wright, managing director, and George Beveridge, one of his three deputies, are not leaving the West Cumbrian site – according to Nuclear Management Partners, the consortium which runs Sellafield.
Speculation arose in the national media after the government’s Public Accounts Committee reported taxpayers were not getting value for money as a result of Sellafield’s spiralling costs.
An NMP spokesman said: “Todd Wright is here doing a job as he has done for five years, he’s leading the site and any rumours that he’s going are merely speculation. Neither is there any truth in the speculation that George Beveridge is leaving.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Should firms support Labour's minimum wage plans?
- Cumbrian businesses refute office space claims
- New Balance Cumbria is 'factory of the future'
- The £7 million semi-detached home in Carlisle?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (46 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel
- New map shows details of proposed power lines route across Cumbria (10 comments)
- SMEs lose out in council spending
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results
BBC News business headlines
- Wedding planning duo have ring of confidence
- Benefits of wind power
- Good things come in threes for top accountants
- Apprentice schemes prove popular with school leavers
- Perfect chance to make your leadership dreams come true
- Glenn and Julie had the bottle to go it alone with plastics firm
- Dedication looks set to pay off for an ‘inspirational’ young apprentice
- Pupils compete for chance to quiz companies
- Businesswoman in line for top award
- Mules proved to be just champion at Gimmer lambs annual sale
- Cumbria road closure after collision
- Tributes paid to 'one-of-a-kind' Carlisle dad
- Ulverston supermarket row set for legal showdown in court
- Road closed after one-car crash
- Road closed after car accident
- Barrow pet owner’s heartbreak after beloved cat is killed
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road
- Woman, 70, hurt as Stagecoach bus crashes into cars and building
- Time running out in battle to save Cumbria bus services
- Four arrests after early morning Cumbria police raids