Question and answer meeting in Carlisle cancelled
Last updated at 14:06, Thursday, 17 January 2013
The Federation of Small Businesses has cancelled a Question Time-style event due to take place in Carlisle tonight.
North West Euro MEP Chris Davies, Cumbria County Council cabinet member Tony Markley and Carlisle City Council leader Dr Joe Hendry had been due to face questions on infrastructure issues.
In particular, the lack of investment in transport and broadband in Cumbria.
A representative of Stobart Group, which wants to redevelop Carlisle Airport, was also invited to join the panel.
However, the Federation’s Carlisle and Penrith branch has cancelled the event at Tullie House Museum for “administrative reasons”.
Julian Whittle, business editor of the News & Star, was to have chaired the Q&A session.
First published at 14:04, Thursday, 17 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Engineering needs to be ‘sexier’ says Cumbrian MD
- Top tips: climbing the Google rankings
- Cumbria business blog
- CumbriaHour discusses the business tech of the future
- Cumbria bakers to compete in TV cooking contest (1 comment)
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'