Paraglider hurt after crashing on Cumbrian fellside
Last updated at 11:27, Saturday, 23 February 2013
A paraglider suffered back and chest injuries when he crashed on Carrock Fell at Hesket Newmarket yesterday afternoon.
The casualty, a man in his 40s from the Penrith area, was treated by paramedics then airlifted to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle, by the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance.
His injuries are not thought to be life threatening and his condition was described as “stable”.
First published at 11:21, Saturday, 23 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Engineering needs to be ‘sexier’ says Cumbrian MD
- Top tips: climbing the Google rankings
- Cumbria business blog
- CumbriaHour discusses the business tech of the future
- Cumbria bakers to compete in TV cooking contest (1 comment)
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'