Numbers of jobless fall across Cumbria
Published at 16:07, Monday, 25 February 2013
UNEMPLOYMENT in Barrow’s central ward remains the highest in the county, according to the latest figures.
Fourteen per cent of residents in the ward are out of work but overall the number of people claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance in Cumbria has fallen.
The latest figures show 544 more people started claiming JSA in Cumbria between December and January, taking the county’s total to 8,982. However, the overall number of job-seekers is down by 6.3 per cent on the same time last year.
Barrow’s central ward remains the highest area for unemployment, with 14 per cent of residents out of work – however the number of claimants fell in each of Cumbria’s six districts.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Engineering needs to be ‘sexier’ says Cumbrian MD
- Top tips: climbing the Google rankings
- Cumbria business blog
- CumbriaHour discusses the business tech of the future
- Cumbria bakers to compete in TV cooking contest (1 comment)
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'