New second in command at Barrow hospitals trust
Last updated at 17:04, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
A TROUBLED hospital trust in charge of Barrow’s hospital has appointed a new second in command.
The University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust has announced Aaron Cummins has been appointed as the new director of finance and deputy chief executive at the trust.
Jackie Daniel, Chief Executive, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust, said: “I am pleased to announce that Aaron Cummins will be joining the Trust at the end of the year as our new director of finance and deputy chief executive.
“I am pleased that Aaron has agreed to join the team as we continue to make good progress with improving the standards of care we provide for our patients.
“Aaron’s appointment, together with the other recent Board appointments brings together a completely new Trust Board committed to delivering safe, high standards of care for all of our patients.
“Aaron has worked at Board level in a number of Foundation Trusts and brings with him a wealth of experience that will be of great benefit to everyone connected with our services.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Tim Bennett for his work as Director of Finance over the last eight years, and for his personal support.
“I wish him and his family every success for the future.”
Aaron Cummins, said: “I am delighted to have been successfully appointed to the role of Director of Finance and Deputy Chief Executive at Morecambe Bay at this exciting time in its journey.
“I am looking forward to working with Jackie and the Board of Directors to ensure we can deliver on our commitment to be the best – delivering excellent and compassionate care to the population we serve.”
First published at 16:50, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
There is 'someone' actually 'in command' at the Trust?
You'd never know.
Make your comment
- Survey results could mean Cumbrian coal revival
- Shortlist announced for CN Group business awards
- New TIS factory will boost Cumbrian manufacturing
- Council votes to back supermarket levy
- Ban for directors of Carlisle-based finance business
- How to use colour on your website
- Boss says poor rail service is stifling growth in South Cumbria
- Cumbrian catering equipment company sold
- Huge drop in number of employment tribunals
- New finance director at Story Homes
- Cumbrian houses less affordable than London homes
- Scotland wants to explore Solway for oil and gas
- Women bosses earning less then men
- Firms get say on Carlisle city centre vision
- Cumbrians urged to guide National Grid plans
- App to help discover hidden gems in Cumbria
- Fracking protection for Lake District National Park unless 'exceptional circumstances' (1 comment)
- Brewery expands to meet demand
- First Moorside contract put out to tender
- Finalists are named for best of business awards
- Story Contracting secures £8m contract to build Cumbrian plant
- Shortlist of CN business awards finalists revealed
- Cumbrian businesses join forces to promote shopping local
- Barrow shipping firm reveals 13 per cent profit increase
- Praise for Cumbrian engineering firm's 'fantastic' new base
- Investment boosting job prospects in Carlisle, says MP