New second in command at Barrow hospitals trust
Last updated at 17:04, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
A TROUBLED hospital trust in charge of Barrow’s hospital has appointed a new second in command.
The University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust has announced Aaron Cummins has been appointed as the new director of finance and deputy chief executive at the trust.
Jackie Daniel, Chief Executive, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust, said: “I am pleased to announce that Aaron Cummins will be joining the Trust at the end of the year as our new director of finance and deputy chief executive.
“I am pleased that Aaron has agreed to join the team as we continue to make good progress with improving the standards of care we provide for our patients.
“Aaron’s appointment, together with the other recent Board appointments brings together a completely new Trust Board committed to delivering safe, high standards of care for all of our patients.
“Aaron has worked at Board level in a number of Foundation Trusts and brings with him a wealth of experience that will be of great benefit to everyone connected with our services.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Tim Bennett for his work as Director of Finance over the last eight years, and for his personal support.
“I wish him and his family every success for the future.”
Aaron Cummins, said: “I am delighted to have been successfully appointed to the role of Director of Finance and Deputy Chief Executive at Morecambe Bay at this exciting time in its journey.
“I am looking forward to working with Jackie and the Board of Directors to ensure we can deliver on our commitment to be the best – delivering excellent and compassionate care to the population we serve.”
First published at 16:50, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
There is 'someone' actually 'in command' at the Trust?
You'd never know.
Make your comment
- Fracking protection for Lake District National Park unless 'exceptional circumstances' (1 comment)
- Brewery expands to meet demand
- First Moorside contract put out to tender
- Glaxo group could be broken up in future
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Future of Barrow nuclear waste terminal under scrutiny
- First contract for Cumbria nuclear plant up for tender
- Opportunities with GSK plan
- Teaching graduates take the direct route to the classroom
- Extra English and maths tuition all adds up for children
- Decision due on Barrow coffee and sandwich shops
- Golden opportunity to get fit in workplace challenge