New second in command at Barrow hospitals trust
Last updated at 17:04, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
A TROUBLED hospital trust in charge of Barrow’s hospital has appointed a new second in command.
The University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust has announced Aaron Cummins has been appointed as the new director of finance and deputy chief executive at the trust.
Jackie Daniel, Chief Executive, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust, said: “I am pleased to announce that Aaron Cummins will be joining the Trust at the end of the year as our new director of finance and deputy chief executive.
“I am pleased that Aaron has agreed to join the team as we continue to make good progress with improving the standards of care we provide for our patients.
“Aaron’s appointment, together with the other recent Board appointments brings together a completely new Trust Board committed to delivering safe, high standards of care for all of our patients.
“Aaron has worked at Board level in a number of Foundation Trusts and brings with him a wealth of experience that will be of great benefit to everyone connected with our services.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Tim Bennett for his work as Director of Finance over the last eight years, and for his personal support.
“I wish him and his family every success for the future.”
Aaron Cummins, said: “I am delighted to have been successfully appointed to the role of Director of Finance and Deputy Chief Executive at Morecambe Bay at this exciting time in its journey.
“I am looking forward to working with Jackie and the Board of Directors to ensure we can deliver on our commitment to be the best – delivering excellent and compassionate care to the population we serve.”
First published at 16:50, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
There is 'someone' actually 'in command' at the Trust?
You'd never know.
Make your comment
- Cheaper fuel bills – thanks to mines (3 comments)
- Barrow’s McBride completes £170m refinance
- Carr’s Milling buys engineering firm for £2.75m
- Uncle Joe's MD: Cumbrian businesses could make a mint in Japan
- Ast Signs creates 19 extra jobs and targets triple turnover
- Deal to buy Carlisle food testing firm complete
- Cumbrian apprentices make national final
- Firms hear how to benefit from £300m project
- Investment to make west Cumbria greener
- Five reasons to embrace apprenticeships
- Free Wi-Fi could come to Ulverston if trial is a success (5 comments)
- Masterplan to give Cumbria massive economic growth
- Lighting firm’s success is beacon, says trade boss
- Preferred bidder for £1.4 billion Sellafield project
- Chippy owner celebrates milestone since expansion
- More mopeds help young people to scoot into work
- Overcoming barriers to gaining employability skills
- Insights into GSK expansion
- MEP hails training success