New second in command at Barrow hospitals trust
Last updated at 17:04, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
A TROUBLED hospital trust in charge of Barrow’s hospital has appointed a new second in command.
The University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust has announced Aaron Cummins has been appointed as the new director of finance and deputy chief executive at the trust.
Jackie Daniel, Chief Executive, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust, said: “I am pleased to announce that Aaron Cummins will be joining the Trust at the end of the year as our new director of finance and deputy chief executive.
“I am pleased that Aaron has agreed to join the team as we continue to make good progress with improving the standards of care we provide for our patients.
“Aaron’s appointment, together with the other recent Board appointments brings together a completely new Trust Board committed to delivering safe, high standards of care for all of our patients.
“Aaron has worked at Board level in a number of Foundation Trusts and brings with him a wealth of experience that will be of great benefit to everyone connected with our services.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Tim Bennett for his work as Director of Finance over the last eight years, and for his personal support.
“I wish him and his family every success for the future.”
Aaron Cummins, said: “I am delighted to have been successfully appointed to the role of Director of Finance and Deputy Chief Executive at Morecambe Bay at this exciting time in its journey.
“I am looking forward to working with Jackie and the Board of Directors to ensure we can deliver on our commitment to be the best – delivering excellent and compassionate care to the population we serve.”
First published at 16:50, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
There is 'someone' actually 'in command' at the Trust?
You'd never know.
Make your comment
- Cranstons win five golds in national awards
- MP calls for business rate cut
- Sentamu opens new business interaction centre
- Lamont Pridmore named as best in UK
- National Nuclear Laboratory wins major Dounreay contract
- South Lakeland economic boost plan
- Nearly 100 firms to take part in Growth Hub exhibition
- Latest In-Cumbria Newsletter
- NMP WILL clean-up Sellafield for next five years
- Vote for Carlisle's best Christmas shop window
- Top award for caravan site near Carlisle
- New Barrow media hub set to offer expert help to businesses
- Carlisle's business rates prevent us opening permanent shop, says baker
- Sellafield bosses grilled by MPs
- Deadline looming for Cumbrian firms to apply for growth cash
- Manufacturing is focus for Barrow meeting’s speakers