New second in command at Barrow hospitals trust
Last updated at 17:04, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
A TROUBLED hospital trust in charge of Barrow’s hospital has appointed a new second in command.
The University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust has announced Aaron Cummins has been appointed as the new director of finance and deputy chief executive at the trust.
Jackie Daniel, Chief Executive, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust, said: “I am pleased to announce that Aaron Cummins will be joining the Trust at the end of the year as our new director of finance and deputy chief executive.
“I am pleased that Aaron has agreed to join the team as we continue to make good progress with improving the standards of care we provide for our patients.
“Aaron’s appointment, together with the other recent Board appointments brings together a completely new Trust Board committed to delivering safe, high standards of care for all of our patients.
“Aaron has worked at Board level in a number of Foundation Trusts and brings with him a wealth of experience that will be of great benefit to everyone connected with our services.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Tim Bennett for his work as Director of Finance over the last eight years, and for his personal support.
“I wish him and his family every success for the future.”
Aaron Cummins, said: “I am delighted to have been successfully appointed to the role of Director of Finance and Deputy Chief Executive at Morecambe Bay at this exciting time in its journey.
“I am looking forward to working with Jackie and the Board of Directors to ensure we can deliver on our commitment to be the best – delivering excellent and compassionate care to the population we serve.”
First published at 16:50, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
There is 'someone' actually 'in command' at the Trust?
You'd never know.
Make your comment
- New firm off to a flying start
- Britain's Energy Coast buys Whitehaven bus station
- Rob Johnston honoured in regional awards
- Barrow businessman’s legacy goes from strength to strength thanks to celebrity chef event (1 comment)
- Judging line-up for £10,000 Business Boost unveiled
- South Cumbrian hotel sold for £600,000
- Innovia Group appoints new chief financial officer
- University working to increase local graduate employment
- Business centre expands to meet demand
- Cumbrian hotel scoops Tripadvisor award
- Cumbrian unemployment falls
- Coal could be extracted from West Cumbria
- Whirlwind start and new base for North Associates
- Doing business in west Cumbria? Here's the best places to stay...
- Kendal Calling 2015 line-up announced
- Carlisle digital agency aiming to double workforce
- GSK site director lands "dream job"
- Wired Cumbria to help new businesses grow
- Teenage Cumbrian businessman gets help from Olympic coach
- Cumbria needs 437 homes a year, says housing report
- Sugar rush led to early opening for new Barrow venture
- Q&A with John Strange
- Challenging start was well worth the pain
- Recruitment Agency failed to pay minimum wage
- British Energy Coast buys Whitehaven bus station
- Cumbrian engineering firm lands three nuclear deals
- Carlisle site sold out as Persimmon reveals jump in profits