New second in command at Barrow hospitals trust
Last updated at 17:04, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
A TROUBLED hospital trust in charge of Barrow’s hospital has appointed a new second in command.
The University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust has announced Aaron Cummins has been appointed as the new director of finance and deputy chief executive at the trust.
Jackie Daniel, Chief Executive, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust, said: “I am pleased to announce that Aaron Cummins will be joining the Trust at the end of the year as our new director of finance and deputy chief executive.
“I am pleased that Aaron has agreed to join the team as we continue to make good progress with improving the standards of care we provide for our patients.
“Aaron’s appointment, together with the other recent Board appointments brings together a completely new Trust Board committed to delivering safe, high standards of care for all of our patients.
“Aaron has worked at Board level in a number of Foundation Trusts and brings with him a wealth of experience that will be of great benefit to everyone connected with our services.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Tim Bennett for his work as Director of Finance over the last eight years, and for his personal support.
“I wish him and his family every success for the future.”
Aaron Cummins, said: “I am delighted to have been successfully appointed to the role of Director of Finance and Deputy Chief Executive at Morecambe Bay at this exciting time in its journey.
“I am looking forward to working with Jackie and the Board of Directors to ensure we can deliver on our commitment to be the best – delivering excellent and compassionate care to the population we serve.”
First published at 16:50, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
There is 'someone' actually 'in command' at the Trust?
You'd never know.
Make your comment
- Cumbrian businesses refute office space claims
- New Balance Cumbria is 'factory of the future'
- The £7 million semi-detached home in Carlisle?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (44 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel
- New map shows details of proposed power lines route across Cumbria (8 comments)
- SMEs lose out in council spending
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results
- New shop and restaurant for Carlisle's Lanes shopping centre
- Sixth successive fall for unemployment in Cumbria
- Carlisle Leisure staff vote to back merger
- Support to help Cumbrian businesses grow
- Women's plus-size fashion retailer to open in Workington
- Cumberland Building Society boss stepping down
- Five taken on in Cumbrian company's apprentice scheme