New second in command at Barrow hospitals trust
Last updated at 17:04, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
A TROUBLED hospital trust in charge of Barrow’s hospital has appointed a new second in command.
The University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust has announced Aaron Cummins has been appointed as the new director of finance and deputy chief executive at the trust.
Jackie Daniel, Chief Executive, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust, said: “I am pleased to announce that Aaron Cummins will be joining the Trust at the end of the year as our new director of finance and deputy chief executive.
“I am pleased that Aaron has agreed to join the team as we continue to make good progress with improving the standards of care we provide for our patients.
“Aaron’s appointment, together with the other recent Board appointments brings together a completely new Trust Board committed to delivering safe, high standards of care for all of our patients.
“Aaron has worked at Board level in a number of Foundation Trusts and brings with him a wealth of experience that will be of great benefit to everyone connected with our services.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Tim Bennett for his work as Director of Finance over the last eight years, and for his personal support.
“I wish him and his family every success for the future.”
Aaron Cummins, said: “I am delighted to have been successfully appointed to the role of Director of Finance and Deputy Chief Executive at Morecambe Bay at this exciting time in its journey.
“I am looking forward to working with Jackie and the Board of Directors to ensure we can deliver on our commitment to be the best – delivering excellent and compassionate care to the population we serve.”
First published at 16:50, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
There is 'someone' actually 'in command' at the Trust?
You'd never know.
Make your comment
- Young entrepreneurs launch second business
- Latest Star Wars trailer showcases Cumbria
- Online travel agents "dictating" to Cumbrian hoteliers
- Lake District voted the "Holiday Destination of the Year"
- Campaigners lose battle to save St Bees School (39 comments)
- BBC turns spotlight on Cumbria
- Sale of Blencathra mountain to community group agreed
- Record profits posted for Carr's Group
- ‘Once in generation’ chance to question future MP
- Cumbrian firm Story completes £6.5m Hitachi contract
- Waste group spending £1.5m to get greener
- Vice chancellor's warning over Cumbria's skills gap time bomb
- Huge social media boost for Cumbrian tourist industry
- Firm's expansion hit by skills shortage
- Cutting-edge tech to transform seafarers’ lives
- Is the 2015 Budget good news for Cumbria?
- Tour of Britain routes through Cumbria revealed
- Final countdown’s under way for Sellafield squad
- Young Cumbrian finance director named best in Britain
- Story firms forge fundraising links with Cumbrian hospices
- £180,000 makeover for Carlisle city centre pub
- Profits rise sharply at Cumbrian company Stobart
- Cumbria jobless total hits 32-year low
- Story Homes wants mortgage lending boost