‘My best advice is if you don’t understand something, ask!’
Last updated at 16:00, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
SUE Coulson, founder and director of Coulson Associates Ltd, lives in South Lakeland with her husband, daughter and family dog Max.
Coulson Associates Ltd is a Global B2B Business Support Services, which specialises in varied short or long term projects in Business Development, Client Services and Consultancy Solutions.
What school did you go to?
Culcheth Hall and then Knutsford High in Cheshire.
What was your favourite subject?
What qualifications did you leave with?
Did you go onto further/higher education – if so, where and what to study?
Studied at both Myerscough and Bishop Burton Agricultural colleges and then in later years studied an HNC in Business and Marketing at South Trafford College
What was the best advice/learning you got at school or college?
If you don’t understand then ask!
What was your ambition before you got your first job?
To work on a cattle ranch in America – this never happened!
Did you have a role model you looked up to and why?
My mum, because she taught me everything I know and to embrace every opportunity presented without being afraid to do so.
What jobs had your family done in the past?
My early career involved working with horses and some farming background, my husband has always worked in IT.
What was your first job?
YTS training scheme in equine studies when I was 16, however I used to clean cars, mow neighbours’ lawns and baby sit from 13 years old.
What has been your career path between your first job and the one you do today?
Equine, teaching people and horses through to various roles from entry level to senior management in call centres, recruitment, commercial and not-for-profit sector roles.
What’s the best thing about your job?
Every day is challenging and varied and it’s all mine.
What one thing would you change about your job if you could?
Improving the work/life balance during my busy periods, however I am addressing that as part of my expansion plans.
What advice would you give someone starting out today?
Network with all your past, present and new contacts as everyone knows someone who can help you.
First published at 15:08, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
BBC News business headlines
- Good week for supplier base
- Good to see familiar faces return to ringside
- Get ideas off drawing board
- Dear Jenny
- Engineering boss relishes taking on fresh challenges
- Maryport firm SIS Pitches completes job in Copenhagen
- Website gives South Cumbria firms chance to take on giants
- Cumbrian marmalades to go on sale at Fortnum & Mason
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company
- Child porn images were downloaded by mistake, man tells court
- Ulverston ‘completely gridlocked’, councillor tells meeting (4 comments)
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (4 comments)
- Future’s bright for Ulverston hospice as £1,000 gift goes to decorating
- Police name dead cyclist found by A592 in south Cumbria
- Country traditions thrill thousands in Coniston
- Top poets launch three new collections
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Sun set to shine on festival of Kings