MP wants county firms to take part in Cumbria Day at Westminster
Last updated at 11:39, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Cumbrian MP Tim Farron is inviting the county’s businesses to take part in a ‘Cumbria Day’ at Westminster early next year.
He wants half a dozen small firms to put themselves forward to go to the House of Commons and show off their products in an exhibition to MPs, Ministers and policy makers.
Mr Farron, the Liberal Democrat MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale, has described Cumbria’s food and drink sector as the “best in the UK”.
He said: “I want to support local businesses and our Cumbria Day is a great way to give small and medium-sized businesses a chance to shine on the national stage.
“In Cumbria, we are lucky to be the home to world-class businesses.
“I want other people to see how fantastic they are and this exhibition offers a real opportunity to put Cumbria in the shop window.”
The event will be held on Wednesday February 13 from 9.30am-4pm.
Mr Farron hopes that manufacturing and tourism businesses will put themselves forward, as well as farming and food businesses.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the MP’s office on 01539 723403.
First published at 11:36, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Should firms support Labour's minimum wage plans?
- Cumbrian businesses refute office space claims
- New Balance Cumbria is 'factory of the future'
- The £7 million semi-detached home in Carlisle?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (46 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel
- New map shows details of proposed power lines route across Cumbria (10 comments)
- SMEs lose out in council spending
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results
BBC News business headlines
- Wedding planning duo have ring of confidence
- Benefits of wind power
- Good things come in threes for top accountants
- Apprentice schemes prove popular with school leavers
- Perfect chance to make your leadership dreams come true
- Glenn and Julie had the bottle to go it alone with plastics firm
- Dedication looks set to pay off for an ‘inspirational’ young apprentice
- Pupils compete for chance to quiz companies
- Businesswoman in line for top award
- Mules proved to be just champion at Gimmer lambs annual sale
- Carlisle scaffolding drama
- Appeal after smashed trailer light in Barrow
- Ulverston man, 81, who fell through roof is "very lucky to be alive" - say family
- Cumbria road closure after collision
- Tributes paid to 'one-of-a-kind' Carlisle dad
- Ulverston supermarket row set for legal showdown in court
- Road closed after one-car crash
- Road closed after car accident
- Barrow pet owner’s heartbreak after beloved cat is killed
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road