MP wants county firms to take part in Cumbria Day at Westminster
Last updated at 11:39, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Cumbrian MP Tim Farron is inviting the county’s businesses to take part in a ‘Cumbria Day’ at Westminster early next year.
He wants half a dozen small firms to put themselves forward to go to the House of Commons and show off their products in an exhibition to MPs, Ministers and policy makers.
Mr Farron, the Liberal Democrat MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale, has described Cumbria’s food and drink sector as the “best in the UK”.
He said: “I want to support local businesses and our Cumbria Day is a great way to give small and medium-sized businesses a chance to shine on the national stage.
“In Cumbria, we are lucky to be the home to world-class businesses.
“I want other people to see how fantastic they are and this exhibition offers a real opportunity to put Cumbria in the shop window.”
The event will be held on Wednesday February 13 from 9.30am-4pm.
Mr Farron hopes that manufacturing and tourism businesses will put themselves forward, as well as farming and food businesses.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the MP’s office on 01539 723403.
First published at 11:36, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
BBC News business headlines
- Good week for supplier base
- Good to see familiar faces return to ringside
- Get ideas off drawing board
- Dear Jenny
- Engineering boss relishes taking on fresh challenges
- Maryport firm SIS Pitches completes job in Copenhagen
- Website gives South Cumbria firms chance to take on giants
- Cumbrian marmalades to go on sale at Fortnum & Mason
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company
- Child porn images were downloaded by mistake, man tells court
- Ulverston ‘completely gridlocked’, councillor tells meeting (4 comments)
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (4 comments)
- Future’s bright for Ulverston hospice as £1,000 gift goes to decorating
- Police name dead cyclist found by A592 in south Cumbria
- Country traditions thrill thousands in Coniston
- Top poets launch three new collections
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Sun set to shine on festival of Kings