MP wants county firms to take part in Cumbria Day at Westminster
Last updated at 11:39, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Cumbrian MP Tim Farron is inviting the county’s businesses to take part in a ‘Cumbria Day’ at Westminster early next year.
He wants half a dozen small firms to put themselves forward to go to the House of Commons and show off their products in an exhibition to MPs, Ministers and policy makers.
Mr Farron, the Liberal Democrat MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale, has described Cumbria’s food and drink sector as the “best in the UK”.
He said: “I want to support local businesses and our Cumbria Day is a great way to give small and medium-sized businesses a chance to shine on the national stage.
“In Cumbria, we are lucky to be the home to world-class businesses.
“I want other people to see how fantastic they are and this exhibition offers a real opportunity to put Cumbria in the shop window.”
The event will be held on Wednesday February 13 from 9.30am-4pm.
Mr Farron hopes that manufacturing and tourism businesses will put themselves forward, as well as farming and food businesses.
To apply, email email@example.com or call the MP’s office on 01539 723403.
First published at 11:36, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Cheaper fuel bills – thanks to mines (3 comments)
- Barrow’s McBride completes £170m refinance
- Carr’s Milling buys engineering firm for £2.75m
- Uncle Joe's MD: Cumbrian businesses could make a mint in Japan
- Ast Signs creates 19 extra jobs and targets triple turnover
- Deal to buy Carlisle food testing firm complete
- Cumbrian apprentices make national final
- Firms hear how to benefit from £300m project
- Investment to make west Cumbria greener
- Five reasons to embrace apprenticeships
- Free Wi-Fi could come to Ulverston if trial is a success (5 comments)
- Masterplan to give Cumbria massive economic growth
- Lighting firm’s success is beacon, says trade boss
- Preferred bidder for £1.4 billion Sellafield project
- Chippy owner celebrates milestone since expansion
- More mopeds help young people to scoot into work
- Overcoming barriers to gaining employability skills
- Insights into GSK expansion
- MEP hails training success
BBC News business headlines
- MEP hails training success
- Electronics are light of town
- Teacher helps schools to compute new IT curriculum
- ‘Anything is possible and never give up’
- Sales strong at quality cattle’s ‘Limmy Day’
- Salon moves ahead with a topping new fashion idea
- Businesses toast county’s 40th anniversary
- Can I test my staff for taking drugs?
- £2m Carlisle station upgrade to be officially opened
- 18 jobs as Sports Direct moves into Penrith
- Conker the dog shaken after thugs set fire to lead
- Police arrest man in Barrow motorcycle collision
- Barrow hospital trust launches major recruitment drive
- UPDATE: Sentencing of hit and run Barrow milkman adjourned
- Two arrested over Carlisle 'assault'
- 50 jobs as £2.8m Cumbria care home gets go-ahead
- Sold Cumbrian country house hotel may become private residence
- Taxi fares increase to be reviewed by Allerdale council
- Police appeal to trace missing man who may be in Cumbria
- Family of Matthew Jordan thank people for their support