More time for firms to enter CN Group Business Awards
Last updated at 11:12, Friday, 26 July 2013
Businesses have been given an extra two weeks to enter the CN Group Cumbria Business Awards.
The annual celebration of the county’s most enterprising, innovative and dynamic businesses and business people will be held at Rheged, near Penrith, on October 17. Entries for this year’s awards had been due to close on Monday.
But due to requests from would-be entrants, who have pleaded for more time to fine tune their submissions, entries will now be accepted up to and including Friday August 9.
The awards, sponsored by Barclays, are free to enter and open to any business trading in Cumbria.
Businesses can put their name forward more than one category and previous entrants and winners are welcome to enter again.
The categories are:
- Service Business of the Year: Excellence award for the service sector.
- Manufacturing Business of the Year.
- Exporter of the Year: For businesses that have significant export sales as a proportion of their overall business.
- New Business of the Year: For businesses that started trading in the last three years.
- Businessperson of the Year.
- Rising Star: For an individual under 30 who runs their own business or has played a key role in their employer’s business.
- Innovation: For businesses that have developed an innovative product, process or service in the last three years.
- Environmental and Energy Awareness: For businesses with green credentials.
- Retailer of the Year: New category – a mystery shopper will visit short-listed entrants.
- Tourism and Hospitality: Open to businesses in leisure, hospitality and tourism, including visitor attractions.
- Training and Development: For organisations that demonstrate a commitment to training and workforce development.
- Community Involvement: For businesses that put some-thing back into the community.
- Best use of Digital/Social Media: For organisations that have harnessed the web, apps and social media.
- Customer Excellence: For organisations that have exceeded customers’ expectations.
- Social Enterprise of the Year: For not-for-profit enter-prises that have had a positive impact on their communities.
All short-listed entries receive coverage in CN Group newspapers and websites. As well as News & Star, these include The Cumberland News, Whitehaven News, Times & Star, North-West Evening Mail and business magazine and website In Cumbria.
First published at 11:11, Friday, 26 July 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
BBC News business headlines
- Good week for supplier base
- Good to see familiar faces return to ringside
- Get ideas off drawing board
- Dear Jenny
- Engineering boss relishes taking on fresh challenges
- Maryport firm SIS Pitches completes job in Copenhagen
- Website gives South Cumbria firms chance to take on giants
- Cumbrian marmalades to go on sale at Fortnum & Mason
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company
- Child porn images were downloaded by mistake, man tells court
- Ulverston ‘completely gridlocked’, councillor tells meeting (2 comments)
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (4 comments)
- Future’s bright for Ulverston hospice as £1,000 gift goes to decorating
- Police name dead cyclist found by A592 in south Cumbria
- Country traditions thrill thousands in Coniston
- Top poets launch three new collections
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Sun set to shine on festival of Kings