Contractor airlifted to Newcastle hospital after plunging from Nestle factory roof
Last updated at 16:54, Friday, 22 February 2013
A contractor was seriously injured when he plunged 30ft from a roof at the Nestlé factory at Dalston.
He was airlifted to the Royal Victory Infirmary in Newcastle with suspected facial, pelvic and leg injuries.
His condition on arrival was described as “stable”.
The accident happened shortly after 10am today.
It is understood that the casualty, thought to be in his twenties, is from the Carlisle area.
He was treated at the scene by ambulance paramedics and a Basics doctor before being flown to hospital by the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance.
A Nestlé spokesman said: “The safety and health of every employee, contractor and visitor is of paramount importance to us.”
We are currently co-operating with the Health and Safety Executive and our contractors to understand how this incident has happened.”
The Health and Safety Executive has launched an investigation.
Its inspectors have already visited the site.
First published at 14:30, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Cheaper fuel bills – thanks to mines (3 comments)
- Barrow’s McBride completes £170m refinance
- Carr’s Milling buys engineering firm for £2.75m
- Uncle Joe's MD: Cumbrian businesses could make a mint in Japan
- Ast Signs creates 19 extra jobs and targets triple turnover
- Deal to buy Carlisle food testing firm complete
- Cumbrian apprentices make national final
- Firms hear how to benefit from £300m project
- Investment to make west Cumbria greener
- Five reasons to embrace apprenticeships
- Free Wi-Fi could come to Ulverston if trial is a success (5 comments)
- Masterplan to give Cumbria massive economic growth
- Lighting firm’s success is beacon, says trade boss
- Preferred bidder for £1.4 billion Sellafield project
- Chippy owner celebrates milestone since expansion
- More mopeds help young people to scoot into work
- Overcoming barriers to gaining employability skills
- Insights into GSK expansion
- MEP hails training success
BBC News business headlines
- MEP hails training success
- Electronics are light of town
- Teacher helps schools to compute new IT curriculum
- ‘Anything is possible and never give up’
- Sales strong at quality cattle’s ‘Limmy Day’
- Salon moves ahead with a topping new fashion idea
- Businesses toast county’s 40th anniversary
- Can I test my staff for taking drugs?
- £2m Carlisle station upgrade to be officially opened
- 18 jobs as Sports Direct moves into Penrith
- Conker the dog shaken after thugs set fire to lead
- Police arrest man in Barrow motorcycle collision
- Barrow hospital trust launches major recruitment drive
- UPDATE: Sentencing of hit and run Barrow milkman adjourned
- Two arrested over Carlisle 'assault'
- 50 jobs as £2.8m Cumbria care home gets go-ahead
- Sold Cumbrian country house hotel may become private residence
- Taxi fares increase to be reviewed by Allerdale council
- Police appeal to trace missing man who may be in Cumbria
- Family of Matthew Jordan thank people for their support