Man flown to Blackpool hospital after air ambulance lands in Barrow Park
Last updated at 16:58, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
A MAN has been flown to hospital in Blackpool after a North West Air Ambulance helicopter landed in Barrow Park.
Park users were startled when the chopper appeared overhead and touched down on the grass at about 3.50pm.
It had been dispatched from its base in Preston after receiving a report than a man was suffering cardiac problems and needed emergency transport.
Two air ambulance staff then made their way towards the Norwood Medical Centre on Abbey Road.
A ground ambulance, which was called at 2.46pm, also attended the scene and conveyed the man from the centre to the helicopter.
At 4.13pm the patient was flown to the specialist cardiac centre at the Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
First published at 16:06, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
The government needs to fund the North West Air Ambulance, its vital to the people of the north west !!!
Make your comment
- Huge drop in number of employment tribunals
- New finance director at Story Homes
- More than 50 jobs saved at defence depot at Longtown
- Cumbrian houses less affordable than London homes
- Scotland wants to explore Solway for oil and gas
- Women bosses earning less then men
- Cumbrian unemployment forecast to fall further
- Firms get say on Carlisle city centre vision
- Cumbrians urged to guide National Grid plans
- Lowest unemployment rate in Britain
- App to help discover hidden gems in Cumbria
- City hotels full thanks to Commonwealth Games boom
- Confectioner lands order for 250,000 chocolate sprouts
- Fracking protection for Lake District National Park unless 'exceptional circumstances' (1 comment)
- Brewery expands to meet demand
- First Moorside contract put out to tender
- Learn first aid skills
- Tips about market research on offer
- Mortgage broker wins industry prize
- Top engineer is set to take on new role
- Cumbrian businesswoman shortlisted for two Enterprise Vision Awards
- Three firms shortlisted for Northern rail franchise
- Students given taste of working life at BAE Systems Barrow shipyard