Man flown to Blackpool hospital after air ambulance lands in Barrow Park
Last updated at 16:58, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
A MAN has been flown to hospital in Blackpool after a North West Air Ambulance helicopter landed in Barrow Park.
Park users were startled when the chopper appeared overhead and touched down on the grass at about 3.50pm.
It had been dispatched from its base in Preston after receiving a report than a man was suffering cardiac problems and needed emergency transport.
Two air ambulance staff then made their way towards the Norwood Medical Centre on Abbey Road.
A ground ambulance, which was called at 2.46pm, also attended the scene and conveyed the man from the centre to the helicopter.
At 4.13pm the patient was flown to the specialist cardiac centre at the Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
First published at 16:06, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
The government needs to fund the North West Air Ambulance, its vital to the people of the north west !!!
Make your comment
- Russell Brand challenged to meet Barrow Trident workers
- BAE boss bullish about yard's future
- New jobs as Cumbrian firm builds device to harness wave power
- Skills gap not down to salary concerns
- Live computer hacking to feature at conference
- £16m cash injection for Lakeland
- David Cameron: 'Cumbria leading the way'
- New event will showcase cutting-edge robotics tech
- Leisure firm merger means big plans for Cumbria
- Eamonn Holmes and Sky News broadcasting live from Carlisle
- Hotel's new owners to bring Chinese tourists to Cumbria
- John Lewis gets online sales boost
- New managing director for Penrith-based PFK
- Work to start next week on first phase of Ulverston drugs giant’s £350m development (4 comments)
- £3.5m grant for M-Sport after controversial plans approved (1 comment)
- New backer offers Carlisle United cash lifeline (13 comments)
- Elected mayor for Cumbria campaign launched
- Keith Lemon, escaped monkeys and speedy sheep: Cumbria's quirkiest news stories in 2014
- Cumbrian schools contest to find leaders of tomorrow
- Cumbrian appointed NW Institute of Directors chairman
- ‘Magnificent’ students earn surprise plaudits
- Firm celebrating success of trainee degree scheme
- Learn about how media giant moved to the north
- Strong show of ewes helped trading at mart exceed expectations
- Leading Cumbria export firm tells public story of its success