Man flown to Blackpool hospital after air ambulance lands in Barrow Park
Last updated at 16:58, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
A MAN has been flown to hospital in Blackpool after a North West Air Ambulance helicopter landed in Barrow Park.
Park users were startled when the chopper appeared overhead and touched down on the grass at about 3.50pm.
It had been dispatched from its base in Preston after receiving a report than a man was suffering cardiac problems and needed emergency transport.
Two air ambulance staff then made their way towards the Norwood Medical Centre on Abbey Road.
A ground ambulance, which was called at 2.46pm, also attended the scene and conveyed the man from the centre to the helicopter.
At 4.13pm the patient was flown to the specialist cardiac centre at the Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
First published at 16:06, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
The government needs to fund the North West Air Ambulance, its vital to the people of the north west !!!
Make your comment
- 18 month wait for car charging points drags on
- Event to tackle the challenges facing Nuclear Industry
- Brewery launching five new beers
- Movers and shakers in Cumbrian business
- New Marks & Spencer store in Carlisle will create 55 jobs (16 comments)
- New owners after auction firm's shock collapse (6 comments)
- Cumbrian restaurant is best in country
- Sellafield makes pledge on recruitment
- Barrow firm reveals dip in profits
- Cumbrian entrepreneur develops new social media software
- Proposed changes would be potentially "disastrous" for Sellafield
- Date set for phase one opening of Carlisle Airport
- Penrith firms combine for new website
- Cumbrian firm in liquidation
- Plans submitted for another major solar farm
- Windfarm attracts new investor
- Finalists revealed for Carlisle Living Awards
- Carlisle's enterprise zone bid set to go to Chancellor
- Carlisle airport flights shortlisted for subsidies
- Groundbreaking Cumbrian app could create 50 jobs
- Sainsbury's on look-out for small store sites across Cumbria
- Proposal to get gas from coal reserves under sea bed
- Sellafield signs up for the 5% Club campaign
- Sellafield workers in mass pay protest rally
- Six seminars at next B2B event at Carlisle Racecourse
- Persimmon eyes new workers as it steps up house-building programme
- Cumbrian phone app project set to create 50 jobs
- Stobart Air shortlisted for cash to set up services from Carlisle