Man charged with sexual assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 04 February 2013
A MAN has appeared in court following an alleged incident in Ulverston.
Liam Andrew Hughes appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this morning on charges of attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.
The 20-year-old of Devonshire Road in Ulverston issued no plea to the charges, which relate to an incident which is alleged to have happened at a house in Ulverston on Thursday.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Crown Court on February 22 at Preston Crown Court.
First published at 14:53, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Absolutely shocking and disgusting!!!
Make your comment
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'
- The future looks bright for Cumbria businesses
- Stobart Group gets go-ahead for new Carlisle depot
- Barrow simulator could serve as challenge in hit TV show
- 36 jobs to go as Penrith distribution depot closes
- Votes decide winners at May Fifteen Awards dinner
- Sellafield chief denies misleading inquiry MPs
- Ulverston group bids to keep it local with new investment initiative
- Barrow M6 link scheme ‘would halve commute’ say entrepreneurs
- Public sector must help keep Barrow marina dream afloat