Man charged with sexual assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 04 February 2013
A MAN has appeared in court following an alleged incident in Ulverston.
Liam Andrew Hughes appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this morning on charges of attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.
The 20-year-old of Devonshire Road in Ulverston issued no plea to the charges, which relate to an incident which is alleged to have happened at a house in Ulverston on Thursday.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Crown Court on February 22 at Preston Crown Court.
First published at 14:53, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Absolutely shocking and disgusting!!!
Make your comment
- Cumbrian digital artist working with Disney
- £300m available to businesses in Cumbria
- Film crew gets behind the scenes access to Sellafield for documentary
- Plans revealed for Kendal business hub
- Cumbrian consultancy taken over by national firm
- Cumbrian firms want to stay in European Union
- How to get £3,000 broadband grants for your business
- Cumbrian journalist tells senators FIFA are "low-lifes"
- Living Wage plans will hit tourism and voluntary sectors
- Success sparks recruitment boost at Energy firm
- Plans revealed for new Cumbrian power lines
- New non-executive director for Penrith Farmers' and Kidd's
- Sealy owner returns to profit as sales rise
- 'Fantastic' feedback over Moorside nuclear power station plans - NuGen
- John Lewis still in talks over proposed closure of Carlisle depot
- Discount chain Lidl to open bigger store in Carlisle
- Time running out to enter CN Group Business Awards
- New people wanted for Cumbria's LEP board