Man charged with sexual assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 04 February 2013
A MAN has appeared in court following an alleged incident in Ulverston.
Liam Andrew Hughes appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this morning on charges of attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.
The 20-year-old of Devonshire Road in Ulverston issued no plea to the charges, which relate to an incident which is alleged to have happened at a house in Ulverston on Thursday.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Crown Court on February 22 at Preston Crown Court.
First published at 14:53, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Absolutely shocking and disgusting!!!
Make your comment
- 18 month wait for car charging points drags on
- Event to tackle the challenges facing Nuclear Industry
- Brewery launching five new beers
- Movers and shakers in Cumbrian business
- New Marks & Spencer store in Carlisle will create 55 jobs (17 comments)
- New owners after auction firm's shock collapse (6 comments)
- Cumbrian restaurant is best in country
- Sellafield makes pledge on recruitment
- Barrow firm reveals dip in profits
- Cumbrian entrepreneur develops new social media software
- Proposed changes would be potentially "disastrous" for Sellafield
- Date set for phase one opening of Carlisle Airport
- Penrith firms combine for new website
- Cumbrian firm in liquidation
- Plans submitted for another major solar farm
- Windfarm attracts new investor
- Finalists revealed for Carlisle Living Awards
- Carlisle's enterprise zone bid set to go to Chancellor
- Carlisle airport flights shortlisted for subsidies
- Groundbreaking Cumbrian app could create 50 jobs
- Sainsbury's on look-out for small store sites across Cumbria
- Proposal to get gas from coal reserves under sea bed
- Sellafield signs up for the 5% Club campaign
- Sellafield workers in mass pay protest rally
- Six seminars at next B2B event at Carlisle Racecourse
- Persimmon eyes new workers as it steps up house-building programme
- Cumbrian phone app project set to create 50 jobs
- Stobart Air shortlisted for cash to set up services from Carlisle