Man charged with sexual assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 04 February 2013
A MAN has appeared in court following an alleged incident in Ulverston.
Liam Andrew Hughes appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this morning on charges of attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.
The 20-year-old of Devonshire Road in Ulverston issued no plea to the charges, which relate to an incident which is alleged to have happened at a house in Ulverston on Thursday.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Crown Court on February 22 at Preston Crown Court.
First published at 14:53, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Absolutely shocking and disgusting!!!
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Russell Brand responds to Barrow MP’s invite to Trident showdown (13 comments)
- Ulverston to get £5m investment
- £21m cash injection to boost Cumbrian economy
- Cumbria Tourism reveals new promotion campaign
- Masterclass from World Cup legacy guru
- H&H buys Penrith surveyors
- Cumbrian innovation that could speed up Sellafield clean up
- Movers and shakers in Cumbrian business
- Russell Brand challenged to meet Barrow Trident workers
- BAE boss bullish about yard's future
- New jobs as Cumbrian firm builds device to harness wave power
- Skills gap not down to salary concerns
- Live computer hacking to feature at conference
- £16m cash injection for Lakeland
- David Cameron: 'Cumbria leading the way'
- New event will showcase cutting-edge robotics tech
- Leisure firm merger means big plans for Cumbria
- Eamonn Holmes and Sky News broadcasting live from Carlisle
- New managing director for Penrith-based PFK
- £3.5m grant for M-Sport after controversial plans approved (1 comment)
- New backer offers Carlisle United cash lifeline (13 comments)
- Barrow furniture store rolls out the red carpet for courageous little boy
- Fair chance for job hunters in Cumbria
- Bank agreement to help finance plans for Carlisle Airport
- Stobart signs £110m biomass deal
- Carlisle hotel manager joins city racecourse
- Story Contracting recruits 400th employee
- Cumbrian firm's £50,000 mail processing order