West Cumbria’s role in new technologies has been enhanced with the opening of Atkins Global’s brand new centre at Westlakes Science and Technology Park today.
- Reason for FSB chairman's shock resignation revealed
- Man dies at Cumbrian music festival
- Thousands of jobs for Carlisle enterprise zone
- Jobs cull signals uncertainty for Barrow gas terminals
- Carlisle Ambassadors project goes from strength to strength
- BAE Systems announces good half year results
- Innovative business goes from start-up to £1 million in eight years
If you don’t mind sharing your home with strangers and if you enjoy meeting new people then a bed and breakfast business could be great option of a new career or business.
Our Business of the Month for July is Baines Wilson. As well as giving an insight into turnover and growth plans, the firm identified its most influential Cumbrian business leader.
Business Doctor Peter Fleming, tells us how to find the right answers to solve pressing business issues.
In-Cumbria is looking for some of Cumbria’s best business cards, not for the most important people but the most innovative use of design.
One of Cumbria’s newest managing directors, John Noone, gave his first impressions of the county’s business scene in this week’s Ten Minutes With interview.
The latest edition of in-Cumbria magazine is being read by thousands of businesses, here it is online.
Take a look at our exclusive supplement about the work The Edge has been doing providing training across Cumbria.
Here's the latest edition of our Energy Cumbria magazine.
BBC News business headlines
- John Lewis still in talks over proposed closure of Carlisle depot
- Discount chain Lidl to open bigger store in Carlisle
- Time running out to enter CN Group Business Awards
- New people wanted for Cumbria's LEP board
- Carlisle's Bendalls Engineering clinches big Sellafield contracts
- US billionaire buys north Cumbrian brewery
- Travelodge chain identifies Keswick for new hotel
- Accountancy giant Baker Tilly takes over Cumbrian consultancy
- Number of insolvencies down in Cumbria last year
- Cumbrian print firm's poster goes viral - but fails to attract trainees
- Sir Tom Jones: Live in Carlisle
- Construction workers at Sellafield begin industrial action
- Kendal Calling festival: Cumbrian man, 18, who died identified
- Praise for West Cumberland Hospital's gynae service
- Man who duped OAP of £46,000 must pay back only £48
- The fight’s not over despite eviction, vows ranch row man
- Hopes growing that Primark coming to Carlisle
- Six police assaulted at Carlisle railway station
- Pageant set to bring more colour to Carlisle
- Campaign launched to save Cumbrian town's last bank