H&H Group’s £8.2m takeover of Scottish rival John Swan is set to go ahead after months of negotiation.
- Sellafield ordered to improve after safety breaches
- Atkins signals West Cumbria's new technological role
- Reason for FSB chairman's shock resignation revealed
- Thousands of jobs for Carlisle enterprise zone
- Carlisle Ambassadors project goes from strength to strength
- Innovative business goes from start-up to £1 million in eight years
If you don’t mind sharing your home with strangers and if you enjoy meeting new people then a bed and breakfast business could be great option of a new career or business.
Business Doctor Peter Fleming, tells us how to find the right answers to solve pressing business issues.
One of Cumbria’s newest managing directors, John Noone, gave his first impressions of the county’s business scene in this week’s Ten Minutes With interview.
The latest edition of in-Cumbria magazine is being read by thousands of businesses, here it is online.
Take a look at our exclusive supplement about the work The Edge has been doing providing training across Cumbria.
Here's the latest edition of our Energy Cumbria magazine.
BBC News business headlines
- New non-executive director for Penrith Farmers' and Kidd's
- Sealy owner returns to profit as sales rise
- 'Fantastic' feedback over Moorside nuclear power station plans - NuGen
- John Lewis still in talks over proposed closure of Carlisle depot
- Discount chain Lidl to open bigger store in Carlisle
- Time running out to enter CN Group Business Awards
- New people wanted for Cumbria's LEP board
- Carlisle's Bendalls Engineering clinches big Sellafield contracts
- US billionaire buys north Cumbrian brewery
- Travelodge chain identifies Keswick for new hotel
- Big crowd at Carlisle's Ultimate Ladies' Night
- Flood alert for Dumfries and Galloway
- Prison for west Cumbrian couple who admitted drugs charge
- Former Carlisle man guilty of child porn charges
- Carlisle mum-of-three's £58,000 benefit fraud
- Car overturned after hitting a wall in Shap
- Carlisle mother on abduction charge
- Man accused of drugs offence at Kendal Calling
- Family pay tribute to teen who died at Kendal Calling
- Colour run set to boost Hospice at Home funds by £30,000