The first details have been announced of a major consultation to give Cumbrians a say on the route of high-voltage power lines to carry electricity from a new nuclear power station at Sellafield.
- Shop to close after 30 years in Carlisle city centre
- Future of Barrow nuclear waste terminal under scrutiny
- Santander volunteers help Lake District
- Prototype vessel reaches trials thanks to business grant
- Cumbrian Museums celebrate successful apprentices
- Teaching graduates take the direct route to the classroom
- First contract for Cumbria nuclear plant up for tender
- Squid ink beer is firm's latest wacky creation
- Plan to heat homes from factories moves closer
- Laura Ashley opens luxury Windermere hotel
A disposal site for radioactive waste could be built underground in Cumbria, after the power to veto its construction was taken away from local councils.
The latest edition of the In-Cumbria magazine is out now and available to buy in newsagents across Cumbria and you can also browse through a digital version online. Get in touch if you would like the In-Cumbria magazine distributed to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's the latest edition of the Britain's Energy Coast magazine.