Ten Burnetts solicitors ranked in top legal guide
Published at 11:40, Friday, 09 November 2012
A prestigious guide to the UK legal profession has recognised fifteen of Cumbria’s lawyers as leaders in their specialist fields and ten of those ranked are solicitors at Burnetts in Carlisle.
The accolade comes in tthe 2013 edition of Chambers and Partners and includes praise for the firm’s clinical negligence team which continues to top the legal leagues and is commended for its “precision and specialism”: all three of the team’s partners are recommended, along with solicitor Ruth Keenleyside. Ruth has played a leading role in the last twelve months, advising families affected by the crisis at Furness General Hospital’s maternity unit.
Managing Partner Tom Leach said, “Chambers and Partners interviews thousands of lawyers and their clients to put together these rankings of the Country’s best solicitors so it is a great accolade to be recognised by both our peers and our clients - you cannot buy a Chambers’ recommendation.
"Burnetts is the only Cumbrian law firm to be ranked as a national player because of its reputation and “robust” expertise in education law. Solicitors in Burnetts’ corporate law, employment, property, agriculture, personal injury and clinical negligence teams are also recommended.
"I feel very proud to see that Burnetts has earned more recommendations than ever and, most of all, that the firm is one of a handful to be recognised nationally for its education expertise.”
Senior Partner John Morris, Head of Corporate Law John Noctor, Head of Personal Injury Nick Gutteridge, Head of Agriculture Richard Miller, former Head of Commercial Property John Priddle and Employment Associate Hazel Phillips were also ranked in this edition of Chambers.
Full details of Burnetts’ 2103 rankings can be found at http://www.chambersandpartners.com/UK/Firms/5951-72570.
The other Cumbrian lawyers listed in the guide are:
- Tim Cartmell, Cartmell Shepherd
- John Wilson, Baines Wilson
- Joanne Holborn, Baines Wilson
- Jamie Hawley, Baines Wilson
- Andrew Hill, Baines Wilson
Published by http://www.in-cumbria.com
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
BBC News business headlines
- There’s still time to take part in prestigious awards
- World Cup prints idea scores global success
- Good week for supplier base
- Good to see familiar faces return to ringside
- Get ideas off drawing board
- Dear Jenny
- Engineering boss relishes taking on fresh challenges
- Maryport firm SIS Pitches completes job in Copenhagen
- Website gives South Cumbria firms chance to take on giants
- Cumbrian marmalades to go on sale at Fortnum & Mason
- Cumbria County Council grits roads in sweltering heat
- Barrow man's battle to overcome drugs and legal highs
- UPDATE: Dalton man in court charged with burgling Barrow club
- Millom clock tower owners ticked off by grant refusal
- Man hurt in knifepoint robbery on Carlisle street
- Cumbrians have fun in sun with temperatures set to soar again
- Anger over Cumbrian Sunday rail service snub
- Cumbria police use Tasers 81 times in year
- Carlisle sandwich thief was 'penniless and hungry'
- Carlisle residents win battle over problem trees