Digital business breakfast announced
Last updated at 08:46, Tuesday, 09 July 2013
Superfast broadband, the online tourism market and digital marketing will all be on the agenda for a special business breakfast next week.
Senior staff from telecommunications giant BT will be on hand to brief firms about the latest information on the roll-out of superfast broadband across Cumbria.
Those attending the event on July 18th at Crooklands Hotel near Kendal will also be able to get advice on digital marketing trends with a presentation from Neil Bowness, of Plain Creative, and Andrew Armitage, of Armitage Online.
The digital theme will continue with Rachel Stott, web sales and marketing manager with Cumbria Tourism, who will give an insight into the workings of the GoLakes website and how the tourism industry can use the internet to attract people to Cumbria.
The business breakfast is being organised by in-Cumbria in conjunction with Big Cumbria which is offering free business support advice to a range of firms in the county who want to use broadband and the latest technology to cut costs and help their businesses grow.
John Nelmes, team leader for Big Cumbria which is funding by the European Regional Development Fund and is part of the Connecting Cumbria broadband roll-out, said: “We want to make sure that businesses make the most of the opportunity provided by superfast broadband, whether that’s through online sales or business efficiency.
“So this business breakfast will be a good way to showcase some of those opportunities.”
In-Cumbria business breakfast in association with Big Cubmria: July 18th; Crooklands Hotel, LA7 7NW; 8.30am-10am. Place are free, but strictly limited so please email Nick Turner on firstname.lastname@example.org to book places.
First published at 10:59, Wednesday, 26 June 2013
Published by http://www.in-cumbria.com
- Engineering needs to be ‘sexier’ says Cumbrian MD
- Top tips: climbing the Google rankings
- Cumbria business blog
- CumbriaHour discusses the business tech of the future
- Cumbria bakers to compete in TV cooking contest (1 comment)
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'