#CumbriaHour top tweets
Last updated at 16:09, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
The topic for this week's #CumbriaHour on Twitter was: 'how can this government help small businesses?'
Here is a selection of the best tweets from this week. A heated debate about how government can help Cumbrian small businesses lead to many suggesting that less red tape and hoops to jump through would help.
Next week sees #CumbriaHour focus on 'hints and tips to stay motivated and focused in your business/job'.
#CumbriaHour is an online networking event which takes place every Monday from 7-8pm on Twitter.
Keep up with us by following @incumbriamag
#cumbriahour Government's best help? I suggest LESS involvement with Small Business! Less red tape. Less regulation!— Andrew J Titcombe (@andrewjtitcombe) February 25, 2013
Maybe this Government should look at setting up niche mentoring to help biz in the first 2 years, but the mentors need paying. #cumbriahour— #cumbriahour (@MastersMich) February 25, 2013
#cumbriahour grants cost too much to administer and never get to the right places, IMO more effective to drop money from a helicopter!— Martin Gott (@st_jamescheese) February 25, 2013
#cumbriahour We've just received £1.8million to lend to small Cumbrian businesses of all sizes, we also support businesses as much as we can— Enterprise Answers (@EnterpriseAns) February 25, 2013
Gov should encourage streamlining & simplification of HMRC and Companies House accounting requirements to reduce burden on SMEs #cumbriahour— Red Crag Limited (@redcrag) February 25, 2013
#cumbriahour recently applied for grant to help with our expansion. But unfortantly the govement put too many hoops to jump through.— Pure Effect- Cumbria (@Pure_Effect) February 25, 2013
Next week's topic is Hints and tips to stay motivated and focused in your business/job #cumbriahour Pls RT & favourite— #cumbriahour (@MastersMich) February 25, 2013
First published at 13:45, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.in-cumbria.com
Have your say
Many hoops too jump through many pieces of red tape - do people need less of this or more help doing it?
Make your comment
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
- Cumbrian businesses need to 'control voice in their head'
- Jobs lost as cash firm closes Cumbrian branches
- Innovation earns award for director
- Carr’s Milling to pay higher shareholder dividend
- Foreign investment boosts Cumbrian jobs
- Story Homes manager wins Building Excellence award
- Demolition of Sellafield's Cold War tower to begin