#CumbriaHour top tweets
Last updated at 16:09, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
The topic for this week's #CumbriaHour on Twitter was: 'how can this government help small businesses?'
Here is a selection of the best tweets from this week. A heated debate about how government can help Cumbrian small businesses lead to many suggesting that less red tape and hoops to jump through would help.
Next week sees #CumbriaHour focus on 'hints and tips to stay motivated and focused in your business/job'.
#CumbriaHour is an online networking event which takes place every Monday from 7-8pm on Twitter.
Keep up with us by following @incumbriamag
#cumbriahour Government's best help? I suggest LESS involvement with Small Business! Less red tape. Less regulation!— Andrew J Titcombe (@andrewjtitcombe) February 25, 2013
Maybe this Government should look at setting up niche mentoring to help biz in the first 2 years, but the mentors need paying. #cumbriahour— #cumbriahour (@MastersMich) February 25, 2013
#cumbriahour grants cost too much to administer and never get to the right places, IMO more effective to drop money from a helicopter!— Martin Gott (@st_jamescheese) February 25, 2013
#cumbriahour We've just received £1.8million to lend to small Cumbrian businesses of all sizes, we also support businesses as much as we can— Enterprise Answers (@EnterpriseAns) February 25, 2013
Gov should encourage streamlining & simplification of HMRC and Companies House accounting requirements to reduce burden on SMEs #cumbriahour— Red Crag Limited (@redcrag) February 25, 2013
#cumbriahour recently applied for grant to help with our expansion. But unfortantly the govement put too many hoops to jump through.— Pure Effect- Cumbria (@Pure_Effect) February 25, 2013
Next week's topic is Hints and tips to stay motivated and focused in your business/job #cumbriahour Pls RT & favourite— #cumbriahour (@MastersMich) February 25, 2013
First published at 13:45, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.in-cumbria.com
Have your say
Many hoops too jump through many pieces of red tape - do people need less of this or more help doing it?
Make your comment
- Engineering needs to be ‘sexier’ says Cumbrian MD
- Top tips: climbing the Google rankings
- Cumbria business blog
- CumbriaHour discusses the business tech of the future
- Cumbria bakers to compete in TV cooking contest (1 comment)
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'
- ‘Degree taught me how to tackle problems logically’
- Get expert briefing on Osborne’s plans
- Builders step up construction as housing recovery gathers strength
- Second batch of shares to be issued to Carlisle Royal Mail workers
- Meat firm first winner of Cumbria chefs’ prestigious award
- Carlisle security firm takes over west Cumbrian rival
- Cumbria food show organisers find recipe for success