Contract awarded to bulldoze former school
Published at 06:16, Thursday, 03 January 2013
Salford-based demolition firm Connell Brothers has secured a contract to bulldoze a college Carlisle’s former North Cumbria Technology College.
The school complex in Harraby is expected to take 15 weeks to demolish.
It will make way for a £12.5m scheme that includes a new primary school and community centre.
Rubble will be processed on site by Connell and recycled for use in the new buildings.
Connell Brothers, which is based on Orchard Street and has more than 60 staff, turned over £6.3m in the 12 months to May 31 and is targeting £7m for this financial year.
Published by http://www.in-cumbria.com
- Should firms support Labour's minimum wage plans?
- Cumbrian businesses refute office space claims
- New Balance Cumbria is 'factory of the future'
- The £7 million semi-detached home in Carlisle?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (46 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel
- New map shows details of proposed power lines route across Cumbria (10 comments)
- SMEs lose out in council spending
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results
BBC News business headlines
- Wedding planning duo have ring of confidence
- Benefits of wind power
- Good things come in threes for top accountants
- Apprentice schemes prove popular with school leavers
- Perfect chance to make your leadership dreams come true
- Glenn and Julie had the bottle to go it alone with plastics firm
- Dedication looks set to pay off for an ‘inspirational’ young apprentice
- Pupils compete for chance to quiz companies
- Businesswoman in line for top award
- Mules proved to be just champion at Gimmer lambs annual sale
- Carlisle scaffolding drama
- Appeal after smashed trailer light in Barrow
- Ulverston man, 81, who fell through roof is "very lucky to be alive" - say family
- Cumbria road closure after collision
- Tributes paid to 'one-of-a-kind' Carlisle dad
- Ulverston supermarket row set for legal showdown in court
- Road closed after one-car crash
- Road closed after car accident
- Barrow pet owner’s heartbreak after beloved cat is killed
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road