Chinese nuclear experts to meet Cumbrian firms
Last updated at 13:49, Tuesday, 15 January 2013
CUMBRIAN energy businesses are being given the unique opportunity to showcase their nuclear skills in a Dragons Den style pitch with a delegation of Chinese nuclear experts.
The event is designed to maximise opportunities for British companies in China through sharing and learning expertise.
It is hosted by Research Sites Restoration Ltd and will take place on Thursday February 7.
It will feature fifteen small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) energy businesses, which will give 15-minute presentations at the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority’s Harwell site.
NDA SME Champion Ron Gorham said: "This is a fantastic opportunity, enabling face-to-face meetings with a range of key Chinese decision-makers.
“It will enable some of our smaller, innovative businesses to demonstrate the expertise that is already putting the UK at the forefront of the global decommissioning market."
The Chinese delegation consists of nuclear decision-makers from the commercial and policy sectors.
They are in the country for a week of meetings with UK decommissioning and waste management supremos, and the NDA and the Government’s UK Trade and Investment arm organized the UK visit jointly.
UK Trade & Investment works with UK-based businesses to ensure their success in international markets, and encourage the best overseas companies to look to the UK as their global partner of choice.
Any small-medium sized enterprise companies interested in participating in can email email@example.com providing details, in less than 500 words, of their relevant experience, and why they should be considered.
First published at 12:30, Tuesday, 15 January 2013
Published by http://www.in-cumbria.com
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Engineering needs to be ‘sexier’ says Cumbrian MD
- Top tips: climbing the Google rankings
- Cumbria business blog
- CumbriaHour discusses the business tech of the future
- Cumbria bakers to compete in TV cooking contest (1 comment)
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'