George Osborne should use the Autumn Statement to give businesses greater certainty over their investment decisions, according to a leading Cumbria business adviser.
Cumbrian businesses are set to save thousands of pounds thanks to a new deal struck between Britain's Energy Coast and the Cumbria Rural Enterprise Agency (CREA).
SELLAFIELD executives are set to face MPs over the soaring cost of decommissioning the nuclear site - which is estimated to exceed £70billion.
- Cumbria anti-nuclear group protest in London
- Delegates focus on use of plutonium (4 comments)
- Award for Britain's Energy Coast
- Tata Steel wants cut in energy bills
- National Nuclear Laboratory wins major Dounreay contract
- Koreans may invest in Cumbria nuclear build project
- Responsible tourism advice to help businesses in Cumbria
Lake District baker Bryson’s, which recently acquired Appleby Bakery, has opened a pop-up shop in Carlisle in the run-up to Christmas.