High hopes for Ulverston LED firm's transatlantic partnership
Last updated at 14:42, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
AN Ulverston-based LED lighting firm has lived up to its name with a new transatlantic partnership.
Marl International has teamed up with California-based LED lighting firm Bivar Inc, creating manufacturing bases in North America, Europe and Asia and a portfolio of around 24,000 products.
The partnership is the result of a two-year process with Marl’s managing director, Adrian Rawlinson, and Tom Silber, president of Bivar, working to ensure the partnership makes the most of the business.
The collaboration will create a partnership with more than 80 years experience in the industry.
Mr Silber said: “We value our strong relationship with Marl and share in the excitement at what we can create together. I’m confident customers will benefit from greater accessibility to our products and solutions.”
Marl International already acts as a distributor for Bivar, along with Citizen and Lighting Science.
It is hoped the partnership will help build on the Ulverston-firm’s success with solid state lighting in a wider market.
Mr Rawlinson added: “The similarities between Bivar and Marl are uncanny, the synergies and potential are phenomenal.
“Our collaboration is particularly exciting because it’s bilateral. We will be promoting availability of Bivar products in the UK and Europe whilst Bivar are accelerating development of Marl products in North America.”
First published at 10:53, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
BBC News business headlines
- Story Homes manager wins Building Excellence award
- Demolition of Sellafield's Cold War tower to begin
- Lakes College's quality of education recognised
- National award for Penrith Building Society
- Barrow students celebrate success
- Inspira column
- There’s still time to take part in prestigious awards
- World Cup prints idea scores global success
- Good week for supplier base
- Good to see familiar faces return to ringside
- Motorists told to avoid M6 southbound
- Collabro to headline Carlisle Christmas lights switch-on
- Armed police sent to deal with domestic incident
- Cyclist hit by car in Barrow
- Oil spill closes road near Ulverston
- Cats are cream of the crop
- Councils will be unable to veto underground nuclear waste plans - Government (3 comments)
- Campaigners angry about ‘tax loophole’ at Barrow, Lancaster and Kendal hospitals
- Almost 300 animals stolen in Barrow, Ulverston and Millom since 2011
- New Barrow cinema room brings golden age of silver screen back to life (2 comments)