Grieving Ulverston family’s thanks for help
Last updated at 17:02, Friday, 18 January 2013
THE partner of a much-loved dad whose body was found in a beck has thanked people for the overwhelming support they have given her since his death.
Aaran Sedgwick’s body was found in Dragley Beck, in Ulverston, on Saturday December 15.
Mr Sedgwick, 23, had been out in Barrow the night before.
He was reported missing the next morning and found later that day.
Cath Nicholson, the mum of his partner, Shannon, 32, said they had been amazed by the amount of help and support
they had been given since his death.
“Shannon wants to say a massive thank you to everybody for all their support,” she said.
“People have been fantastic. People have been going around to help her a lot and staying overnight to help her.
“She has had a lot of help and support and she really, really appreciates it.
“She has been given donations from people she doesn’t even really know and help has been coming from all over the place.”
Mrs Nicholson particularly wanted to thank staff at Holker Hall, near Cark, who had arranged a special Christmas party, complete with an appearance from Father Christmas, for the family.
She said: “It was really kind of them and really made a difference to the kids at such a difficult time.’’
A student at Furness College, Mr Sedgwick, of Beech Drive, Ulverston, was a former student of Ulverston Victoria High School and was hoping to train to be a primary school teacher, Mrs Nicholson said.
She said: “He absolutely adored his children.
“He was back at college because he wanted to be primary school teacher because he had really found his niche.”
She said he had been a “wonderful daddy” to his three children – Marley, three, Jack, two, and D’Angelo, nine weeks – as well as her daughter’s son Shane, 14.
Mrs Nicholson said the family was still trying to come to terms with his loss.
She said: “(Shannon) is starting to get there, but it is going to take a long time.
“The children have been missing him because they were so close to their daddy and he was such a good father.
“They are missing him hugely.”
First published at 17:01, Friday, 18 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Should firms support Labour's minimum wage plans?
- Cumbrian businesses refute office space claims
- New Balance Cumbria is 'factory of the future'
- The £7 million semi-detached home in Carlisle?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (46 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel
- New map shows details of proposed power lines route across Cumbria (10 comments)
- SMEs lose out in council spending
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results
BBC News business headlines
- Wedding planning duo have ring of confidence
- Benefits of wind power
- Good things come in threes for top accountants
- Apprentice schemes prove popular with school leavers
- Perfect chance to make your leadership dreams come true
- Glenn and Julie had the bottle to go it alone with plastics firm
- Dedication looks set to pay off for an ‘inspirational’ young apprentice
- Pupils compete for chance to quiz companies
- Businesswoman in line for top award
- Mules proved to be just champion at Gimmer lambs annual sale
- Ulverston man, 81, who fell through roof is "very lucky to be alive" - say family
- Cumbria road closure after collision
- Tributes paid to 'one-of-a-kind' Carlisle dad
- Ulverston supermarket row set for legal showdown in court
- Road closed after one-car crash
- Road closed after car accident
- Barrow pet owner’s heartbreak after beloved cat is killed
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road
- Woman, 70, hurt as Stagecoach bus crashes into cars and building
- Time running out in battle to save Cumbria bus services