Fire crews tackling large blaze on edge of Carlisle
Last updated at 11:55, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Fire crews have got a large blaze on the outskirts of Carlisle under control.
They have started the dampening down process at North West Recycling Limited at Kingmoor Park after fighting the blaze for several hours today.
Hose jets, a thermal imaging camera and heavy plant machinery are being used to check for any remaining hotspots.
Fire engines from Carlisle East and Carlisle West stations, together with crews from Brampton and Gretna and an aerial appliance from Carlisle, were called to the scene.
About one hundred square metres of mixed recycling was said to be well alight.
The fire was contained in one corner of the building. It is estimated that only about 20 per cent of the building was affected by the blaze, says the fire service.
The brigade was alerted at about 10.45am.
First published at 12:55, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
BBC News business headlines
- Good week for supplier base
- Good to see familiar faces return to ringside
- Get ideas off drawing board
- Dear Jenny
- Engineering boss relishes taking on fresh challenges
- Maryport firm SIS Pitches completes job in Copenhagen
- Website gives South Cumbria firms chance to take on giants
- Cumbrian marmalades to go on sale at Fortnum & Mason
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company
- Child porn images were downloaded by mistake, man tells court
- Ulverston ‘completely gridlocked’, councillor tells meeting (4 comments)
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (4 comments)
- Future’s bright for Ulverston hospice as £1,000 gift goes to decorating
- Police name dead cyclist found by A592 in south Cumbria
- Country traditions thrill thousands in Coniston
- Top poets launch three new collections
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Sun set to shine on festival of Kings