THE cost of decommissioning and cleaning up the nuclear site at Sellafield has increased by £5 billion to £53 billion, a new report has revealed.
Here's the latest edition of our Energy Cumbria magazine.
A “world first” West Cumbrian innovation could help speed up some of the most complex projects in the country.
BBC News business headlines
- Cumbrian chef launches food and cookery channel
- Barrow lettings firm aims to spread the word
- Africa expansion drives up Barrow shipping firm’s profits
- Sixth formers all fired up for dream places at work
- Gearing up for a Barrow showcase of next generation of jobs
- Software company’s digital marketplace role
- Small firms answer call to provide apprenticeships (1 comment)
- Best of British take centre stage at prestige sale of blue cattle
- Rural homes benefit from lower oil prices
- Languages have been put to good use in many roles
- Blow for Furness Line - but rail campaigners hope for improvement plan promotion
- Car smashes through wall in Barrow town centre crash
- Barrow community heroes to follow in footsteps of 2014 winners
- Carlisle man on baby death charge is father
- Police concerned for missing Cumbria man
- Concern for missing Cumbrian man
- Jobs boost for Cumbria as fish factory returns
- Business scheme partnership gives Barrow school pupils some food for thought
- Police checking on child's welfare find £28k of drugs
- Row erupts in Carlisle over £80 fines for not using gullsacks (21 comments)