An extra £40m worth of contracts could be captured for south Cumbrian firms if the new Furness Economic Development Forum is a success.
Here's the latest edition of our Energy Cumbria magazine.
A “world first” West Cumbrian innovation could help speed up some of the most complex projects in the country.
A landmark planning permission has been granted for the restoration and regeneration of the former Cleator Mills site which closed as Kangol clothes manufacturer in 2009.
A leading union is demanding assurances from the government that Sellafield will not become a “nuclear graveyard” before it gives backing to a new set-up at the helm of the site.
BBC News business headlines
- Time running out to enter CN Group Business Awards
- New people wanted for Cumbria's LEP board
- Carlisle's Bendalls Engineering clinches big Sellafield contracts
- US billionaire buys north Cumbrian brewery
- Travelodge chain identifies Keswick for new hotel
- Accountancy giant Baker Tilly takes over Cumbrian consultancy
- Number of insolvencies down in Cumbria last year
- Cumbrian print firm's poster goes viral - but fails to attract trainees
- Ex-MP Martlew says Nestle blocked pension trustee role
- National award for Carlisle apprentice
- Cumbria's new countywide CCTV system goes live today
- Cash secured for £33m schools and sports campus
- Vinyl records blow for Kendal Calling star act Grandmaster Flash
- Woman in hospital after serious M6 crash
- West Cumbrian man in court for trying to kiss teenage boy
- Workington man admits scrap metal charges
- Staff asked to give up toasters and kettles to reduce fire risk at Carlisle hospital
- £1m cash boost for sports facilities in Carlisle
- Fears over Carlisle court's ability to cope if west Cumbria magistrates closed (2 comments)
- Social worker recruits swell Cumbria's ranks