Three young engineers from Sellafield have beaten hundreds of higher learners to be named as Cumbria’s ‘students of the year’.
- Lake District "unsuitable" for fracking
- Sellafield new build could see rail reopening
- Businesses urged to voice opinion on new nuclear plant
- First radioactive sludge removed from Sellafield
- £5bn rise in cost of Sellafield clean up
- Leading world to tackle Fukushima legacy
- Degrees pick up training honours
Here's the latest edition of our Energy Cumbria magazine.
A “world first” West Cumbrian innovation could help speed up some of the most complex projects in the country.
A landmark planning permission has been granted for the restoration and regeneration of the former Cleator Mills site which closed as Kangol clothes manufacturer in 2009.
BBC News business headlines
- Sellafield apprentices make it to final of national contest
- Cumbrian holiday park goes up for sale at £2.25m
- Workington house prices rocket over decade
- Garage beauty salon’s 10 years
- Keswick's former pencil factory to be sold (1 comment)
- Traders in TV advert push to promote town (6 comments)
- Landmark Grand Theatre building for sale (4 comments)
- Final countdown’s under way for Sellafield squad
- Young Cumbrian finance director named best in Britain
- Story firms forge fundraising links with Cumbrian hospices
- Supermarket chain reveals plans for second Carlisle store
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals
- Man fined in Carlisle council crackdown on fly-tipping
- 'Big name' act being lined up for Carlisle concert
- Gelt Gladiator will return in 2016 - over two days
- Plan to create 25-acre solar park at Brampton
- Bid to install defibrillators in phone boxes
- £500,000 cycling track planned for Carlisle community campus
- Teen wins Royal Television Society award for film about 'gran she never knew'
- Tuck in to Eats!