One of the main men behind Cumbria’s new Moorside nuclear plant has revealed some of the latest details in the £10bn development.
Here's the latest edition of the Britain's Energy Coast magazine.
ACTIONS speak louder than words – and I am pleased that we have recently seen spades go into the ground on a wide variety of Britain’s Energy Coast-backed projects, such as Albion Square in Whitehaven town centre and the Pillar House development on Westlakes Science and Technology Park.
You can read our Energy Coast supplement in e-edition format so you can see all the pages as they appeared in the printed product.
Read past editions of Energy Coast supplement in e-edition format.
WEST Cumbrian students have praised the new £7 million Britain’s Energy Coast Construction Skills Centre at its official opening.
A TOAD reserve, fertile farmland, hundreds of acres of forest and a scheduled ancient monument.
THE Allerdale Business Connections June meeting took a walk on the wild side with a visit to the Lake District Wildlife Park at Bassenthwaite.
A PIONEERING power hub beneath the sea is being developed by Siemens Subsea.
SELLAFIELD Ltd has had its approach to occupational safety and health recognised.
PRESTIGIOUS £108m energy project has helped to secure 400 direct jobs at Iggesund’s Workington paperboard mill and hundreds more in the wider Cumbria economy.
AFTER a year with their heads firmly in their books, these five apprentices are getting their first taste of working life at Centrica Energy’s Barrow Gas Terminals.
ELECTRIC cars caused a buzz at Whitehaven Festival thanks to car giant Nissan joining forces with Britain’s Energy Coast.
AT the launch of the West Cumbria Economic Blueprint in the summer of 2012, Britain’s Energy Coast outlined a potential £90 billion worth of investment in the local nuclear industry and billions more in Clean Technologies – over the next few decades.
WEST Cumbria is truly at the heart of the UK’s nuclear renaissance thanks to the National Nuclear Laboratory.
WHITEHAVEN’S award-winning harbourside visitor attraction is preparing for its busiest and potentially best-ever year with a blockbusting summer exhibition.
MOTHER nature could not blow Whitehaven’s harbourside festival out of the water.
THE countdown is on to West Cumbria’s biggest ever sporting event.
BBC News business headlines
- Allerdale council scheme commended in Enterprising Britain Awards
- Custom-made sale puts workforce in command
- Carlisle tourist information centre to get hi-tech refit
- Cumbrian farmers’ milk deal boost
- Cumbrian builder facing family challenge for national title
- Fresh starts all round as new team take HR reins
- Price cut for Commonwealth Games train tickets from Cumbria
- Ulverston firm helps light the way for carriers
- ‘Great experience’ at firm leads to a job for award-winning teen
- Game firm savours potential of day at races
- Millom Carnival
- Scheme to improve deprived part of Barrow receives ‘good support’
- Barrow hospital maternity unit probe ‘finally getting to the truth’ says mum
- Barrow mum’s agony after son buys legal highs online
- Back street gates ‘have failed to make a difference to crime’ in Barrow
- Cannabis farm found on land owned by paper mill in Barrow
- Fire at former Carlisle hotel
- Carlisle heroin dealer jailed
- Hate crimes can be reported online to Cumbria poice
- Bishop of Carlisle steps into row over assisted dying (6 comments)