Cumbrian businesses are set to save thousands of pounds thanks to a new deal struck between Britain's Energy Coast and the Cumbria Rural Enterprise Agency (CREA).
Here's the latest edition of the Britain's Energy Coast magazine.
ACTIONS speak louder than words – and I am pleased that we have recently seen spades go into the ground on a wide variety of Britain’s Energy Coast-backed projects, such as Albion Square in Whitehaven town centre and the Pillar House development on Westlakes Science and Technology Park.
You can read our Energy Coast supplement in e-edition format so you can see all the pages as they appeared in the printed product.
Read past editions of Energy Coast supplement in e-edition format.
WEST Cumbrian students have praised the new £7 million Britain’s Energy Coast Construction Skills Centre at its official opening.
A TOAD reserve, fertile farmland, hundreds of acres of forest and a scheduled ancient monument.
THE Allerdale Business Connections June meeting took a walk on the wild side with a visit to the Lake District Wildlife Park at Bassenthwaite.
A PIONEERING power hub beneath the sea is being developed by Siemens Subsea.
SELLAFIELD Ltd has had its approach to occupational safety and health recognised.
PRESTIGIOUS £108m energy project has helped to secure 400 direct jobs at Iggesund’s Workington paperboard mill and hundreds more in the wider Cumbria economy.
AFTER a year with their heads firmly in their books, these five apprentices are getting their first taste of working life at Centrica Energy’s Barrow Gas Terminals.
ELECTRIC cars caused a buzz at Whitehaven Festival thanks to car giant Nissan joining forces with Britain’s Energy Coast.
AT the launch of the West Cumbria Economic Blueprint in the summer of 2012, Britain’s Energy Coast outlined a potential £90 billion worth of investment in the local nuclear industry and billions more in Clean Technologies – over the next few decades.
WEST Cumbria is truly at the heart of the UK’s nuclear renaissance thanks to the National Nuclear Laboratory.
WHITEHAVEN’S award-winning harbourside visitor attraction is preparing for its busiest and potentially best-ever year with a blockbusting summer exhibition.
MOTHER nature could not blow Whitehaven’s harbourside festival out of the water.
THE countdown is on to West Cumbria’s biggest ever sporting event.
BBC News business headlines
- Sellafield bosses grilled by MPs
- Deadline looming for Cumbrian firms to apply for growth cash
- Manufacturing is focus for Barrow meeting’s speakers
- Mutual confident on lending
- Cumbria firms given masterclass in building brand online
- Make a claim that will count
- Support makes process simple
- Plans to change parental leave welcomed by Cumbria businesses
- Boss of Cumbria car charge firm defends green schemes
- Farmers welcome review of charges scheme
- No cash for repairs to storm-damaged Cumbrian harbour
- Hungry thief stole food from Carlisle supermarket
- Crash causes delays on Cumbrian main road
- Millom son accused of killing mother and sister appears in court
- Drink driver left woman injured after crash on Carlisle street
- Police dog bit fleeing Cumbrian man on head
- Four police officers needed to control Cumbria baseball bat man
- Cumbrian teenage mum took blind man's bank card
- Cumbrian travellers dining out on train fayre
- Cumbria crime pair ask police for directions - and end up in jail