The owner of an award-winning camping site has said more businesses should be making the most out of Government green incentives.
Here's the latest edition of the Britain's Energy Coast magazine.
ACTIONS speak louder than words – and I am pleased that we have recently seen spades go into the ground on a wide variety of Britain’s Energy Coast-backed projects, such as Albion Square in Whitehaven town centre and the Pillar House development on Westlakes Science and Technology Park.
You can read our Energy Coast supplement in e-edition format so you can see all the pages as they appeared in the printed product.
Read past editions of Energy Coast supplement in e-edition format.
WEST Cumbrian students have praised the new £7 million Britain’s Energy Coast Construction Skills Centre at its official opening.
A TOAD reserve, fertile farmland, hundreds of acres of forest and a scheduled ancient monument.
THE Allerdale Business Connections June meeting took a walk on the wild side with a visit to the Lake District Wildlife Park at Bassenthwaite.
A PIONEERING power hub beneath the sea is being developed by Siemens Subsea.
SELLAFIELD Ltd has had its approach to occupational safety and health recognised.
PRESTIGIOUS £108m energy project has helped to secure 400 direct jobs at Iggesund’s Workington paperboard mill and hundreds more in the wider Cumbria economy.
AFTER a year with their heads firmly in their books, these five apprentices are getting their first taste of working life at Centrica Energy’s Barrow Gas Terminals.
ELECTRIC cars caused a buzz at Whitehaven Festival thanks to car giant Nissan joining forces with Britain’s Energy Coast.
AT the launch of the West Cumbria Economic Blueprint in the summer of 2012, Britain’s Energy Coast outlined a potential £90 billion worth of investment in the local nuclear industry and billions more in Clean Technologies – over the next few decades.
WEST Cumbria is truly at the heart of the UK’s nuclear renaissance thanks to the National Nuclear Laboratory.
WHITEHAVEN’S award-winning harbourside visitor attraction is preparing for its busiest and potentially best-ever year with a blockbusting summer exhibition.
MOTHER nature could not blow Whitehaven’s harbourside festival out of the water.
THE countdown is on to West Cumbria’s biggest ever sporting event.
BBC News business headlines
- Dancewear shop set to open in Workington
- Shortlist of CN business awards finalists revealed
- Cumbrian businesses join forces to promote shopping local
- Barrow shipping firm reveals 13 per cent profit increase
- Praise for Cumbrian engineering firm's 'fantastic' new base
- Investment boosting job prospects in Carlisle, says MP
- How to deal with pain of holiday emails
- Responsive NDT gets boost from cloud switch
- Why more firms are switching to cloud computing
- Innovia workers saddle up for 440 mile cycle challenge
- Lake District rowing club receives £10,000 Sport England grant
- Ice works make cool display
- Irish stand-up will have you rolling in the aisles
- Lovers’ tale is full of intrigue
- £1,000 boost for Barrow Food Bank to help families
- Visitors flock to Millom and Broughton Agricultural Show for celebration of country life
- Cars are the stars at motoring extravaganza
- Folk legend set for village visit
- Blues star Bob is club's biggest name
- Continental outfit bring cajun flavour to Ulverston