The chief executive of the firm providing Cumbria’s new nuclear reactors is ‘anxiously awaiting’ an EU ruling on whether the deal signed under the government’s contracts for difference will meet state aid approval.
Here's the latest edition of the Britain's Energy Coast magazine.
ACTIONS speak louder than words – and I am pleased that we have recently seen spades go into the ground on a wide variety of Britain’s Energy Coast-backed projects, such as Albion Square in Whitehaven town centre and the Pillar House development on Westlakes Science and Technology Park.
You can read our Energy Coast supplement in e-edition format so you can see all the pages as they appeared in the printed product.
Read past editions of Energy Coast supplement in e-edition format.
WEST Cumbrian students have praised the new £7 million Britain’s Energy Coast Construction Skills Centre at its official opening.
A TOAD reserve, fertile farmland, hundreds of acres of forest and a scheduled ancient monument.
THE Allerdale Business Connections June meeting took a walk on the wild side with a visit to the Lake District Wildlife Park at Bassenthwaite.
A PIONEERING power hub beneath the sea is being developed by Siemens Subsea.
SELLAFIELD Ltd has had its approach to occupational safety and health recognised.
PRESTIGIOUS £108m energy project has helped to secure 400 direct jobs at Iggesund’s Workington paperboard mill and hundreds more in the wider Cumbria economy.
AFTER a year with their heads firmly in their books, these five apprentices are getting their first taste of working life at Centrica Energy’s Barrow Gas Terminals.
ELECTRIC cars caused a buzz at Whitehaven Festival thanks to car giant Nissan joining forces with Britain’s Energy Coast.
AT the launch of the West Cumbria Economic Blueprint in the summer of 2012, Britain’s Energy Coast outlined a potential £90 billion worth of investment in the local nuclear industry and billions more in Clean Technologies – over the next few decades.
WEST Cumbria is truly at the heart of the UK’s nuclear renaissance thanks to the National Nuclear Laboratory.
WHITEHAVEN’S award-winning harbourside visitor attraction is preparing for its busiest and potentially best-ever year with a blockbusting summer exhibition.
MOTHER nature could not blow Whitehaven’s harbourside festival out of the water.
THE countdown is on to West Cumbria’s biggest ever sporting event.
BBC News business headlines
- Five taken on in Cumbrian company's apprentice scheme
- Passport problems boost Cumbrian visitor numbers
- Cumbrian developer Story buys new site for 117 houses
- Cumbrian firm's packaging deal for German energy bars
- Cumbrian pitch firm lands another deal
- Familiar high street names reopen in Carlisle
- Carlisle Leisure Ltd plans merger with larger organisation
- Cumbria playing lead role in cyber security
- Cumbrian businessman to share the secrets of his success
- Record-breaking number of apprentices in Cumbria
- Mum of tiger victim leaves inquest as Cumbrian zoo chief speaks
- Sarah McClay inquest: Cumbria zoo owner describes moment he fired shots at tiger (1 comment)
- Interior of Wetherspoons' first Lake District pub unveiled
- Law firm founded by Derrick Bird victim set to close
- Barrow man who ‘thought he was Jesus’ wasted police time
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway
- Honour the heroes of our communities
- Carlisle Utd replica strips to go on sale next week (3 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (3 comments)
- Man trapped after crash with lorry in Cumbria