A disposal site for radioactive waste could be built underground in Cumbria, after the power to veto its construction was taken away from local councils.
Here's the latest edition of the Britain's Energy Coast magazine.
ACTIONS speak louder than words – and I am pleased that we have recently seen spades go into the ground on a wide variety of Britain’s Energy Coast-backed projects, such as Albion Square in Whitehaven town centre and the Pillar House development on Westlakes Science and Technology Park.
You can read our Energy Coast supplement in e-edition format so you can see all the pages as they appeared in the printed product.
Read past editions of Energy Coast supplement in e-edition format.
WEST Cumbrian students have praised the new £7 million Britain’s Energy Coast Construction Skills Centre at its official opening.
A TOAD reserve, fertile farmland, hundreds of acres of forest and a scheduled ancient monument.
THE Allerdale Business Connections June meeting took a walk on the wild side with a visit to the Lake District Wildlife Park at Bassenthwaite.
A PIONEERING power hub beneath the sea is being developed by Siemens Subsea.
SELLAFIELD Ltd has had its approach to occupational safety and health recognised.
PRESTIGIOUS £108m energy project has helped to secure 400 direct jobs at Iggesund’s Workington paperboard mill and hundreds more in the wider Cumbria economy.
AFTER a year with their heads firmly in their books, these five apprentices are getting their first taste of working life at Centrica Energy’s Barrow Gas Terminals.
ELECTRIC cars caused a buzz at Whitehaven Festival thanks to car giant Nissan joining forces with Britain’s Energy Coast.
AT the launch of the West Cumbria Economic Blueprint in the summer of 2012, Britain’s Energy Coast outlined a potential £90 billion worth of investment in the local nuclear industry and billions more in Clean Technologies – over the next few decades.
WEST Cumbria is truly at the heart of the UK’s nuclear renaissance thanks to the National Nuclear Laboratory.
WHITEHAVEN’S award-winning harbourside visitor attraction is preparing for its busiest and potentially best-ever year with a blockbusting summer exhibition.
MOTHER nature could not blow Whitehaven’s harbourside festival out of the water.
THE countdown is on to West Cumbria’s biggest ever sporting event.
BBC News business headlines
- Golden opportunity to get fit in workplace challenge
- Lakes cottages firm celebrates 10 successful years
- Cheery ringside at mart helped keep prices on track with national trends
- Women with vision line up for enterprise awards
- Generous firms give a boost to bay rescuers
- More people than ever before now working in Cumbria
- Mixed response for Lake District's fracking protection
- North Cumbrian brewery goes into administration
- Prospects looking good for young Ulverston salon owner
- Carlisle card shop best independent in north and Northern Ireland
- Three car crash closes main Cumbrian route
- Acclaimed Cumbrian band Colt 45 release first album
- Cheetah is spotted among young Barrow fun runners
- Ulverston church has fancy dress celebration for start of school holidays
- Fun on Ulverston canal is a real crowd-puller
- Cumbria GP stresses importance of efficiency
- Report calls for South Cumbria mental health improvements (1 comment)
- Driver spoke to police before he died from crash injury
- Barrow key fob mystery as drivers are stranded (7 comments)
- Barrow woman pleads guilty after two injured by dog