Technology developed in Cumbria is being hailed as revolutionary and has been a 'vital' part of the Fukushima clean-up.
- NMP's Sellafield contract will be terminated
- Plea to keep power lines off ‘priceless’ landscape
- Innovus and Sellafield team up ahead of ‘golden period’ in Cumbrian business
- Millions invested in crowd-funded renewables scheme
- Cumbrian firm pulls off major coup
- Cash pledge for new Cumbrian nuclear power plant
Here's the latest edition of the Britain's Energy Coast magazine.
ACTIONS speak louder than words – and I am pleased that we have recently seen spades go into the ground on a wide variety of Britain’s Energy Coast-backed projects, such as Albion Square in Whitehaven town centre and the Pillar House development on Westlakes Science and Technology Park.
You can read our Energy Coast supplement in e-edition format so you can see all the pages as they appeared in the printed product.
Read past editions of Energy Coast supplement in e-edition format.
WEST Cumbrian students have praised the new £7 million Britain’s Energy Coast Construction Skills Centre at its official opening.
A TOAD reserve, fertile farmland, hundreds of acres of forest and a scheduled ancient monument.
THE Allerdale Business Connections June meeting took a walk on the wild side with a visit to the Lake District Wildlife Park at Bassenthwaite.
A PIONEERING power hub beneath the sea is being developed by Siemens Subsea.
SELLAFIELD Ltd has had its approach to occupational safety and health recognised.
PRESTIGIOUS £108m energy project has helped to secure 400 direct jobs at Iggesund’s Workington paperboard mill and hundreds more in the wider Cumbria economy.
AFTER a year with their heads firmly in their books, these five apprentices are getting their first taste of working life at Centrica Energy’s Barrow Gas Terminals.
ELECTRIC cars caused a buzz at Whitehaven Festival thanks to car giant Nissan joining forces with Britain’s Energy Coast.
AT the launch of the West Cumbria Economic Blueprint in the summer of 2012, Britain’s Energy Coast outlined a potential £90 billion worth of investment in the local nuclear industry and billions more in Clean Technologies – over the next few decades.
WEST Cumbria is truly at the heart of the UK’s nuclear renaissance thanks to the National Nuclear Laboratory.
WHITEHAVEN’S award-winning harbourside visitor attraction is preparing for its busiest and potentially best-ever year with a blockbusting summer exhibition.
MOTHER nature could not blow Whitehaven’s harbourside festival out of the water.
THE countdown is on to West Cumbria’s biggest ever sporting event.
BBC News business headlines
- Carlisle hotel manager joins city racecourse
- Story Contracting recruits 400th employee
- Cumbrian firm's £50,000 mail processing order
- Cumbrian schools contest to find leaders of tomorrow
- Cumbrian appointed NW Institute of Directors chairman
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (4 comments)
- £2.5m wave energy boost for West Cumbrian firm
- £1 million Japan nuclear plant boost for Cumbrian firm
- ‘Magnificent’ students earn surprise plaudits
- Snow and ice warning for Cumbria
- Children's nurse to sue Cumbrian NHS trust
- Labour’s election campaign HQ to open in Carlisle
- Knife threat man dropped weapon as he ran from scene
- Go-ahead for new restaurant in Carlisle city centre
- Drivers will be fined for ignoring road closure, warns council
- Yob doesn’t get to see his ‘good punch’ shown in Carlisle court
- Carlisle thug attacked partner as she held their new baby
- GCSE and A-Level performance table for South Cumbria published (1 comment)
- Bomb disposal team called to Barrow