A storage company in Carlisle is aiming to become the first ‘carbon plus’ business in the area.
- Sellafield offers unemployed lifeline
- Sellafield ordered to improve after safety breaches
- Jobs cull signals uncertainty for Barrow gas terminals
- Atkins signals West Cumbria's new technological role
- Forum starts work on boosting Furness supply chain
- Sellafield teams up with UTC to deliver work placement scheme
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
Here's the latest edition of our Energy Cumbria magazine.
A “world first” West Cumbrian innovation could help speed up some of the most complex projects in the country.
A landmark planning permission has been granted for the restoration and regeneration of the former Cleator Mills site which closed as Kangol clothes manufacturer in 2009.
A leading union is demanding assurances from the government that Sellafield will not become a “nuclear graveyard” before it gives backing to a new set-up at the helm of the site.
BBC News business headlines
- Cumbrian phone app project set to create 50 jobs
- Stobart Air shortlisted for cash to set up services from Carlisle
- West Cumbrian hotel shortlisted as one of hospitality industry's best employers
- Nuclear power plant grid links to be opened to public scrutiny
- ‘Parking rethink needed to encourage shoppers into towns’
- Decades of work for Cumbrian experts at Fukushima
- Sainsbury's on look-out for small store sites across Cumbria
- Government must help boost apprenticeships, says Cumbrian MP
- Carlisle clothing company expands into bigger premises
- More than 1,000 missed off Cumbria's jobless total (9 comments)
- Crash partially blocks Cumbrian road
- Hundreds pay final respects to Longtown's Mikey Wolfe, 10
- Carlisle police appeal after youth seen running away from major blaze
- Extra cash to tackle problems faced by Cumbria's LGBT pupils
- 'Lowest of the low' accusation after thieves steal from Bill Barker's grave
- Whitehaven's Gaiety Cinema to reopen permanently
- Police probe street attack on woman in Carlisle
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate
- 'I was trying to restrain not imprison ex-girlfriend', Carlisle court told
- Teenage motorist caught in Carlisle nearly three times drink-drive limit