Double delight for Cumbria Tourism at national awards
Last updated at 14:13, Wednesday, 07 November 2012
Cumbria's tourist industry has picked up two top national awards at a recent ceremony.
The British Travel Awards 2012 saw Cumbria Tourism clinch two silver awards – for the Best UK Visitor Guide Website and Best UK Holiday County or Region.
The announcement was made on November 1 at a gala dinner in London, in front of almost 1,000 representatives of the tourism industry.
The British Travel Awards is the largest in the UK, rewarding the best companies in the travel sector. It is recognised by consumers and professionals across the UK.
Categories covered all types of holiday experience – transport, destination, cruise, customer service, holiday extras, and accommodation.
This year over 600,000 individual votes were cast.
Ian Stephens, managing director, of Cumbria Tourism, said: ‘’Receiving awards like this go some way to demonstrating our commitment to developing tourism within the Lake District, Cumbria, and our continued desire to represent the area to the best of our ability, to maintain and meet visitor’s expectations and ensure we continue to be among the top flight destinations in the country.
“We constantly strive to improve the way we promote our county and with this in mind we are investing significantly in our digital marketing and flagship website GoLakes in the coming months to ensure that we continue to grow the destination for the future.’’
Tourism companies were nominated by the public before being voted for by consumers, including the readers of several national newspapers.
First published at 14:10, Wednesday, 07 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Funniest Twitter responses to best ever Apprentice episode
- Roman fertility god banned by Facebook
- £450,000 boost to Rosehill theatre redevelopment
- Firm uses Skype to help client in Ebola zone
- Will Lloyds Bank branches in Cumbria be saved from the axe?
- Firms urged to aim higher at Growth Twenty14
- Over 2000 new businesses set up in Cumbria this year
- MPs press rail minister to invest in Furness line
- 20,000 will use Carlisle airport to get to USA
- Cumbria business discovers amazing Roman treasure
- Cranston’s: we won’t leave to grow
- Hotel wins top Facebook award
- Cumbria businessman lauded nationally as visionary
- Keep ownership until cash is in the bank
- Never underestimate the importance of lists
- Eight global markets already lined up for Lakes Gin
- Lakeland kitchenware predicting rapid growth
- Nuclear skills time bomb can be halted
- Should firms support Labour's minimum wage plans?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (46 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel