Dalton pupils hone sports leadership skills
Published at 16:32, Monday, 18 March 2013
SECONDARY school pupils are set to develop their leadership skills and spread their love of sport to younger children.
The Year Nines from Dowdales in Dalton are taking part in a Sky Sports Living for Sport project, which will see them learn to organise and deliver their own sporting sessions with primary school pupils.
Over the next eight weeks, the group of 12 youngsters will be given weekly training to improve the communication and organisation skills they need to work with younger children.
The culmination of the project will be a football tournament for primary pupils, hosted by the Dowdales youngsters at the Dalton secondary school.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Keep ownership until cash is in the bank
- Never underestimate the importance of lists
- Eight global markets already lined up for Lakes Gin
- Lakeland kitchenware predicting rapid growth
- Nuclear skills time bomb can be halted
- Sellafield ploughs £200k into local projects
- Should firms support Labour's minimum wage plans?
- Cumbrian businesses refute office space claims
- New Balance Cumbria is 'factory of the future'
- The £7 million semi-detached home in Carlisle?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (46 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel