Cumbrian puddings firm braced for festive rush
Last updated at 14:29, Wednesday, 14 November 2012
A luxury Christmas pudding company predicts it will sell out before the big day – for the third year running.
Country Puddings, based in Dacre near Penrith, has been inundated with orders for its luxury Christmas puddings.
Last year it sold out six weeks before Christmas.
Lynne Mallinson, director of Country Puddings, said: “It has been a challenge to keep up with demand; the team start making the puddings in January to give them several months to mature in time for Christmas.
“Each year we increase the number of puddings we make, but once again sales have increased and the puddings are flying out of the kitchen.”
A donation from every pudding is given to Breakthrough Breast Cancer, last year raising more than £350.
This year the company is also running an online shop for a limited time.
First published at 13:44, Wednesday, 14 November 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (44 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel
- New map shows details of proposed power lines route across Cumbria (8 comments)
- SMEs lose out in council spending
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results