Cumbrian man sexually assaulted sleeping teenager
Last updated at 10:34, Saturday, 17 November 2012
A Workington man who sexually assaulted a sleeping 16-year-old girl has been spared a jail term.
Stuart Gorman, 19, of Coniston Drive, assaulted the girl on four separate occasions between September 1 and December 20 last year.
Carlisle Crown Court was told yesterday that Gorman was a “troubled young man”. He admitted to police that what he had done was “utterly unreasonable”.
The girl, who reported matters to police, said she had felt “violated and worried” after what had happened.
Justice Rabinder Singh, sentencing, said: “You were, and are, an immature young man who is troubled particularly in relation to sexual issues.”
He imposed a 12-month prison sentence suspended for 12 months, a 12-month supervision order, a four-month curfew between 9pm and 7am.
Gorman must also sign the sex offenders’ register for 10 years.
First published at 10:16, Saturday, 17 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
BBC News business headlines
- Story Homes manager wins Building Excellence award
- Demolition of Sellafield's Cold War tower to begin
- Lakes College's quality of education recognised
- National award for Penrith Building Society
- Barrow students celebrate success
- Inspira column
- There’s still time to take part in prestigious awards
- World Cup prints idea scores global success
- Good week for supplier base
- Good to see familiar faces return to ringside
- Motorists told to avoid M6 southbound
- Collabro to headline Carlisle Christmas lights switch-on
- Armed police sent to deal with domestic incident
- Cyclist hit by car in Barrow
- Oil spill closes road near Ulverston
- Cats are cream of the crop
- Councils will be unable to veto underground nuclear waste plans - Government (3 comments)
- Campaigners angry about ‘tax loophole’ at Barrow, Lancaster and Kendal hospitals
- Almost 300 animals stolen in Barrow, Ulverston and Millom since 2011
- New Barrow cinema room brings golden age of silver screen back to life (2 comments)