Cumbria mining past revived for a public lecture
Published at 16:15, Wednesday, 20 February 2013
CUMBRIA’S mining heritage will be at the centre of a lecture next Wednesday.
David Kelly, former principal of Barrow Sixth Form College, will speak at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers’ next lecture.
He will discuss the iron ore deposits across the county which led to the development of the iron and steel industry.
The free lecture takes place at The Forum, in Duke Street, Barrow, at 7.30pm.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Engineering needs to be ‘sexier’ says Cumbrian MD
- Top tips: climbing the Google rankings
- Cumbria business blog
- CumbriaHour discusses the business tech of the future
- Cumbria bakers to compete in TV cooking contest (1 comment)
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'