Welcome to the in-cumbria guide to conference and meeting venues around Cumbria. Over the next few weeks we will be pulling together a directory of Cumbria's excellent range of venues for all your business needs - covering everything from facilities for a full blown conference to a meeting room for a few people.
All the first-class conference facilities you’d expect from a city centre location, but with some of the UK’s most picturesque surroundings in place of the crowded urban environment.
Carlisle Racecourse is a versatile and unique venue for all types of events, all year round. It offers a superb, flexible, purpose built conference and exhibition venue to accommodate conferencing, banqueting, exhibitions, weddings, Christmas parties, birthdays, christening celebrations, outdoor events and more.
Crosthwaite Conference Cente is located midway between Britains Energy Coast and the M6, in Keswick. The centre is a purpose built conference facility with three meetings rooms which can accommodate any type of meeting, conference or exhibition, Free car parking, WifI and a complete IT suite are available.
Freerange Workspace is based in an exceptional location in the heart of Carlisle city centre. Our meeting rooms provide a great vantage point on the hustle and bustle of Fisher Street and have the advantage of classical architecture with excellent light, high ceilings and decorative features.
Situated in the picturesque Lorton Valley with stunning views over the Cumbrian Fells the Hundith Hill is a beautiful Country House Hotel which provides first class conferencing facilities.
Tullie House is the perfect place to mix business meetings with pleasure. Set inits own grounds in the centre of Carlisle we offer a variety of rooms of differing sizes to accommodate your function from seminars to conferences to meetings, all complemented by our high quality catering.
Hallmark Hotel Carlisle is a four star hotel that could be the idea location for the your conference or business meeting as it is conveniently located adjacent to Carlisle railway station
BEST WESTERN Castle Green Hotel in Kendal is set in 14 acres of natural gardens and woodlands yet only five minutes from M6 and 10 minutes from The Lake District.
BBC News business headlines
- Private sector is urged to make BID for Barrow future
- Look ahead - The Inspira column
- Keeping eye on priorities
- Dear Jenny
- Event will highlight opportunities in process
- Kitchenware company profits fall - in record year
- Research ways to gain the benefit of tax relief
- Champion bull was in a class of its own at mart’s special sale
- Kay has nursed plans for a career of rich diversity
- Carlisle bag company at Best of Britannia show
- St Bees School's Science Day
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- New contract for Barrow built Trident subs base secures jobs
- Cumbria police no longer taking in lost property
- Police hunt for missing 84-year-old Carlisle man
- Vehicles seized in DVLA crackdown on Cumbrian drivers without tax or insurance
- Man shattered window in Dalton after row with his ex
- Eskdale Show 2014
- Backing for Ulverston supermarket was flawed, hearing told (14 comments)
- Pop veterans suited and booted for charity gig