Welcome to the in-cumbria guide to conference and meeting venues around Cumbria. Over the next few weeks we will be pulling together a directory of Cumbria's excellent range of venues for all your business needs - covering everything from facilities for a full blown conference to a meeting room for a few people.
All the first-class conference facilities you’d expect from a city centre location, but with some of the UK’s most picturesque surroundings in place of the crowded urban environment.
Carlisle Racecourse is a versatile and unique venue for all types of events, all year round. It offers a superb, flexible, purpose built conference and exhibition venue to accommodate conferencing, banqueting, exhibitions, weddings, Christmas parties, birthdays, christening celebrations, outdoor events and more.
Crosthwaite Conference Cente is located midway between Britains Energy Coast and the M6, in Keswick. The centre is a purpose built conference facility with three meetings rooms which can accommodate any type of meeting, conference or exhibition, Free car parking, WifI and a complete IT suite are available.
Freerange Workspace is based in an exceptional location in the heart of Carlisle city centre. Our meeting rooms provide a great vantage point on the hustle and bustle of Fisher Street and have the advantage of classical architecture with excellent light, high ceilings and decorative features.
Situated in the picturesque Lorton Valley with stunning views over the Cumbrian Fells the Hundith Hill is a beautiful Country House Hotel which provides first class conferencing facilities.
Tullie House is the perfect place to mix business meetings with pleasure. Set inits own grounds in the centre of Carlisle we offer a variety of rooms of differing sizes to accommodate your function from seminars to conferences to meetings, all complemented by our high quality catering.
Hallmark Hotel Carlisle is a four star hotel that could be the idea location for the your conference or business meeting as it is conveniently located adjacent to Carlisle railway station
BEST WESTERN Castle Green Hotel in Kendal is set in 14 acres of natural gardens and woodlands yet only five minutes from M6 and 10 minutes from The Lake District.
BBC News business headlines
- Sisters’ Barrow stall has quality clothes range all sewn up
- Workington Jobcentre first in Cumbria to go digital
- Booths supermarkets bashing bigger rivals with profits boost
- High-tech firm unveils new manufacturing facility
- Bereaved young need protection
- Pals enjoy fringe benefits of opening up Ulverston business
- Look ahead - The Inspira column
- Summer activities help young people to develop skills
- New Cumbria £1.9m centre aims to unlock science’s potential
- Youngsters brush up on big career decisions
- Furness Tory leader appeals to PM for Duddon Estuary and Morecambe Bay bridges
- MP savages 'pie in sky fantasy' or Morecambe Bay traffic tunnel
- Record smashed as Keswick to Barrow Walk raises £345k
- Cumbria police appeal after £500 stolen from slot machine
- Ulverston man loses jail term appeal over attempted petrol station robbery
- Descendants of Nobel-winning physicist in Cumbria for dismantling of Sellafiled chimney
- A596 reopens after fuel spillage
- Dalton widow who devotes time to hedgehogs up for Love Barrow prize
- Cumbriua police release CCTV following theft
- Death crash driver jailed by Carlisle court