Cricket legend to open Furness College sports hall
Last updated at 17:04, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
A CRICKET legend will open Furness College’s new sports hall in Barrow this week.
The Match Box will be officially unveiled by former England captain Mike Gatting on Thursday.
The England and Wales Cricket Board has provided funding towards the new facility.
It will be one of Mr Gatting’s first roles in his new position as president of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), the owner of Lord's and the guardian of the laws and spirit of the game.
First published at 10:20, Monday, 30 September 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Should firms support Labour's minimum wage plans?
- Cumbrian businesses refute office space claims
- New Balance Cumbria is 'factory of the future'
- The £7 million semi-detached home in Carlisle?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (46 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel
- New map shows details of proposed power lines route across Cumbria (10 comments)
- SMEs lose out in council spending
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results