Cricket legend to open Furness College sports hall
Last updated at 17:04, Wednesday, 02 October 2013
A CRICKET legend will open Furness College’s new sports hall in Barrow this week.
The Match Box will be officially unveiled by former England captain Mike Gatting on Thursday.
The England and Wales Cricket Board has provided funding towards the new facility.
It will be one of Mr Gatting’s first roles in his new position as president of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), the owner of Lord's and the guardian of the laws and spirit of the game.
First published at 10:20, Monday, 30 September 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- City hotels full thanks to Commonwealth Games boom
- Confectioner lands order for 250,000 chocolate sprouts
- Fracking protection for Lake District National Park unless 'exceptional circumstances' (1 comment)
- Brewery expands to meet demand
- First Moorside contract put out to tender
- Glaxo group could be broken up in future
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs