Couple's Christmas baby joy
Last updated at 11:44, Saturday, 29 December 2012
Santa brought the perfect Christmas present for Paul Dobinson and Natalie McDowell – a baby daughter Freya.
She arrived at 10.20am on Christmas Day weighing 9lb 8.5oz, the day’s only delivery at the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven.
Proud dad Paul, 28, said: “She was due on December 11 so we never expected her to be born on Christmas Day.
“She’s the perfect Christmas present.
“We’ve been in the hospital since three o’clock on Sunday morning.
“Natalie had some pain and they kind of pushed her on.
“It’s been a long one. We’re just relieved now she’s here.”
The couple live in Blackburn Street, Workington.
Paul is a printing-plate maker and Natalie, 25, a tax adviser. Freya is their first child.
She was the only Christmas Day delivery at the West Cumberland Hospital.
There was also one Christmas Day arrival at the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle, a baby girl born at 5pm.
First published at 11:18, Friday, 28 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results
- Companies lining up bids to run Carlisle TV station
- Survey results could mean Cumbrian coal revival
- Shortlist announced for CN Group business awards
- New TIS factory will boost Cumbrian manufacturing
- Council votes to back supermarket levy
- Ban for directors of Carlisle-based finance business
- How to use colour on your website
- Boss says poor rail service is stifling growth in South Cumbria
- Cumbrian catering equipment company sold
- Huge drop in number of employment tribunals
- New finance director at Story Homes
- Cumbrian houses less affordable than London homes
- Scotland wants to explore Solway for oil and gas
- Women bosses earning less then men
- Firms get say on Carlisle city centre vision
- Fracking protection for Lake District National Park unless 'exceptional circumstances' (1 comment)
- Brewery expands to meet demand
- First Moorside contract put out to tender