Chance to get skills refreshed
Published at 16:33, Tuesday, 01 October 2013
FURNESS Enterprise has a host of courses being run throughout the year. CUMBRIA Chamber of Commerce hosts a series of networking events and workshops. THE next meeting of a ladies-only networking group takes place on October 11.
Tomorrow a finance workshop will be held at Phoenix Business Centre from 9.30am to 4.15pm.
The workshop is aimed at business owners who want to refresh or renew their financial skills and achieve their financial goals.
On October 8 a sales and marketing course will take place at Phoenix Business Centre from 9.30am to 1pm.
The course will provide an overall understanding of the sales process and how to integrate sales and marketing.
On October 9 a session looking at disciplinary proceedings and grievances will take place at Ford Park in Ulverston from 9.30am to 1pm.
On October 10 a customer excellence workshop will be held at Phoenix Business Centre from 9.30am until 4pm.
The workshop will give delegates the opportunity to practise their customer-facing skills.
It will also help them to ensure that they apply fully the principles of service excellence to their own work-related situations.
On October 16 those looking to set up their own business are invited to a Get Ready for Business seminar.
The event will be held at Phoenix Business Centre from 4pm to 8pm and will cover business plans, finance, cash flow, taxation and VAT.
Contact Helen Johnston on 01229 820611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about Furness Enterprise courses.
A network lunch is due to be held at the Riverside Hotel in Kendal on October 11 from 11.30am to 2pm.
Tickets cost £15 for members and £25 for guests.
On October 14, a motivational speaker will give a presentation at the Castle Green Hotel in Kendal from 10am to 4pm.
The event, entitled “Getting Your Team to Say Yes and Follow Through”, will be led by Jennie Sutton of Enabling Success.
It is aimed at first line managers who are keen to develop team working and allow the team to work independently.
Tickets cost £50 for members and £95 for guests.
On December 6, the chamber will host its Christmas network lunch at the Riverside Hotel in Kendal from 11.30am to 2pm.
The event will include a guest speaker with ticket costs to be confirmed.
To book on one of the chamber’s events, email email@example.com or call 0845 226 0040.
Members of Pink Link Ladies in Furness will meet at the Clarence Hotel in Dalton from 9.30am.
For more information about the group, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01229 813388.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results
- Companies lining up bids to run Carlisle TV station
- Survey results could mean Cumbrian coal revival
- Shortlist announced for CN Group business awards
- New TIS factory will boost Cumbrian manufacturing
- Council votes to back supermarket levy
- Ban for directors of Carlisle-based finance business
- How to use colour on your website
- Boss says poor rail service is stifling growth in South Cumbria
- Cumbrian catering equipment company sold
- Huge drop in number of employment tribunals
- New finance director at Story Homes
- Cumbrian houses less affordable than London homes
- Scotland wants to explore Solway for oil and gas
- Women bosses earning less then men
- Firms get say on Carlisle city centre vision
- Fracking protection for Lake District National Park unless 'exceptional circumstances' (1 comment)
- Brewery expands to meet demand
- First Moorside contract put out to tender