Celebrations galore as couple win honeymoon
Last updated at 10:46, Friday, 08 February 2013
COUPLE Natalie Gorton and Andrew Rattigan, who have been together for seven years, won the honeymoon of their dreams in the South Cumbria Weddings magazine competition.
The pair said that they made the decision to enter the competition together in a bid to win the chance to travel to Istanbul, Turkey.
The couple, who have been engaged for three years, described winning as “a shock”. Miss Gorton said: “We have always said we wanted to go to Istanbul. It is one of those places.”
She said: “We found out last Friday. It felt like winning the lottery if I’m honest.”
The bride-to-be explained that her fiancé took the call and broke the exciting news to her soon after. She said: “It’s all working out just right.”
Miss Gorton, who works at Furness Academy, added: “It was the last thing we needed to organise for the wedding.”
First published at 16:35, Monday, 04 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Engineering needs to be ‘sexier’ says Cumbrian MD
- Top tips: climbing the Google rankings
- Cumbria business blog
- CumbriaHour discusses the business tech of the future
- Cumbria bakers to compete in TV cooking contest (1 comment)
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'