X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.
 

Thursday, 17 April 2014

Carlisle man denies sex assault on girl in quarry

A man has denied taking a girl to an abandoned quarry at midnight and touching her sexually.

Mark Klein pleaded not guilty at Carlisle Crown Court to a charge of sexual activity with a child.

Klein, 46, of Charles Street, off Fusehill Street, also denied five other charges.

Kim Whittlestone, prosecuting, told the court that Klein had a sexual interest in the girl, who was under 16 at the time.

She added that on March 24 last year he took her out on his motorbike. At around midnight they arrived at a disused quarry, were the offence took place.

After this event, Klein contacted the girl by text message and then social networks under an assumed name, where he made many sexual suggestions.

Klein is also accused of installing cameras in the bathrooms of two houses and filming women and a teenager under 16 while they were undressed.

Miss Whittlestone added that Klein had also filmed himself and a partner having intercourse without her consent. She also claimed Klein told her to say to police she had agreed to this.

Klein, who appeared in court in a checked shirt, dark trousers and black trainers, denied all the charges.

He pleaded not guilty to a count of causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, three charges of voyeurism and one charge of doing an act intending to pervert the course of justice.

The trial continues.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Vote

Is the economy recovering?

Yes

No

Show Result

Hot jobs

New vacancies

FeedWind

BBC News business headlines

FeedWind