Carlisle group Carr's Milling signs up for US venture
Last updated at 12:17, Thursday, 22 August 2013
Carr's Milling Industries, the Carlisle-based agriculture, food and engineering group, has announced a joint venture in the US.
Its American subsidiary, AFS Inc, is setting up the joint venture to produce patented low-moisture feed blocks.
The new business, ACC Feed Supplement, will be owned jointly by AFS and Consumer Supply Distributing (CSD).
ACC will build a feed block plant at a CSD site in Sioux City, Iowa, with an annual output of 12,000 tonnes. It should start production next year.
Tim Davies, Carr's chief executive, said “We are experiencing continuing growth and demand for our patented low moisture feed blocks both in the USA and across all markets. ACC adds to our coverage of the US.”
AFS already has feed block plants in Nevada, Oklahoma and South Dakota.
The new facility will increase its presence in the central, southern and western markets of the US.
The expansion follows AFS’ acquisition of Nevada-based Western Feed Supplements in June.
Carr’s said last month that sales of its feed blocks in the U.S. had been boosted by drought conditions and a harsh winter.
First published at 12:15, Thursday, 22 August 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
BBC News business headlines
- Barrow students celebrate success
- Inspira column
- There’s still time to take part in prestigious awards
- World Cup prints idea scores global success
- Good week for supplier base
- Good to see familiar faces return to ringside
- Get ideas off drawing board
- Dear Jenny
- Engineering boss relishes taking on fresh challenges
- Maryport firm SIS Pitches completes job in Copenhagen
- Cumbria police warn against computer fraud scam
- UPDATE: Cumbria County Council grits roads in sweltering heat
- Millom man jailed for harassing own mum for food and money
- Everybody's happy in the South Cumbria sun
- Company commits £500,000 to Cumbria community projects
- Barrow man's battle to overcome drugs and legal highs
- UPDATE: Dalton man in court charged with burgling Barrow club
- Millom clock tower owners ticked off by grant refusal
- Man hurt in knifepoint robbery on Carlisle street
- Cumbrians have fun in sun with temperatures set to soar again