Carlisle council initiative to help firms
Last updated at 08:20, Friday, 16 November 2012
A liaison group is being set up to give businesses in Carlisle direct access to senior city councillors and officials.
The council’s deputy leader Colin Glover, who holds the economy and enterprise portfolio, explained the move to councillors on Tuesday night.
He said: “The Labour group said we would support business and business growth.
“We are setting up an economic development liaison council made up of the council leader and members of the executive, and senior officers including the chief executive.
“It will meet on an ad hoc basis in response to requests from business, in private for reasons of confidentiality. This city is open for business and we want to prove it.”
First published at 08:15, Friday, 16 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Huge fine for United Utilities after Cumbrian pollution
- £3.4m acquisition and profits up 11 per cent
- New firm off to a flying start
- Britain's Energy Coast buys Whitehaven bus station
- Rob Johnston honoured in regional awards
- Barrow businessman’s legacy goes from strength to strength thanks to celebrity chef event (1 comment)
- Judging line-up for £10,000 Business Boost unveiled
- South Cumbrian hotel sold for £600,000
- Innovia Group appoints new chief financial officer
- University working to increase local graduate employment
- Business centre expands to meet demand
- Cumbrian hotel scoops Tripadvisor award
- Cumbrian unemployment falls
- Coal could be extracted from West Cumbria
- Whirlwind start and new base for North Associates
- Doing business in west Cumbria? Here's the best places to stay...
- Kendal Calling 2015 line-up announced
- Carlisle digital agency aiming to double workforce
- GSK site director lands "dream job"
- Wired Cumbria to help new businesses grow
- Teenage Cumbrian businessman gets help from Olympic coach
- Cumbria needs 437 homes a year, says housing report
- House sales drop despite rise in low interest loans
- Broker's backing a big rise for Stobart shares
- Cumbrian consultants in running for award
- Aldi plans to expand Carlisle store
- Stobart: Carlisle Airport redevelopment finished by September
- Cumbrian chef launches food and cookery channel
- Barrow lettings firm aims to spread the word