Carlisle cake-maker wins bronze award at major show
Last updated at 16:53, Tuesday, 13 November 2012
A cake-maker has won a bronze award for her creation in a national competition.
Lisa Wheatcroft, 34, of Alexander Street, off London Road, scooped the prize with her blue and white shoes and handbag design at Cake International at the Birmingham NEC.
Lisa, who runs the Sweet Dreams Cake Company from Carlisle Enterprise Centre, said: “I was highly honoured to receive a bronze award for my entry.
“It’s a tough competition with entrants from around the world and judged by some of the most prestigious names in cake decorating and sugarcraft.”
Thousands of people turned up to the three-day event to see the entries.
First published at 16:49, Tuesday, 13 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Young entrepreneurs launch second business
- Latest Star Wars trailer showcases Cumbria
- Online travel agents "dictating" to Cumbrian hoteliers
- Lake District voted the "Holiday Destination of the Year"
- Campaigners lose battle to save St Bees School (38 comments)
- BBC turns spotlight on Cumbria
- Sale of Blencathra mountain to community group agreed
- Record profits posted for Carr's Group
- ‘Once in generation’ chance to question future MP
- Cumbrian firm Story completes £6.5m Hitachi contract
- Waste group spending £1.5m to get greener
- Vice chancellor's warning over Cumbria's skills gap time bomb
- Huge social media boost for Cumbrian tourist industry
- Firm's expansion hit by skills shortage
- Cutting-edge tech to transform seafarers’ lives
- Is the 2015 Budget good news for Cumbria?
- Tour of Britain routes through Cumbria revealed
BBC News business headlines
- Cumbrian firm helping Qatar warm up for 2022 World Cup
- Cumbrian workshop on effective leadership
- Tesco director joins Eddie Stobart
- Cumbrian housebuilding boom hits house prices
- Cumbrian social enterprises offered £50,000 loans
- Cumbrian housebuilder Story plans new development
- Workington’s new pub opens next week (5 comments)
- Action group to raise A596 report findings (1 comment)
- Takeaway set to cook up a treat in Maryport
- Big investors poised to pump cash into Carlisle
- Barrow parents welcome their own little princesses on the day of the royal birth (1 comment)
- South Cumbria weather forecast for Sunday and bank holiday Monday
- Innovative Barrow education company in the running for Sir Richard Branson prize (2 comments)
- Emergency services called to two-car crash in Workington
- Cumbrian man plunged from house roof during chase
- Top Tory's enterprise zone pledge for Carlisle
- Thug punched man, kicked him as he lay on ground
- It's a girl - The Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a girl
- Wet bank holiday weekend for South Cumbria
- Go-ahead for 190 new homes in Carlisle